Quinn Cook Signed by Pelicans
NEW ORLEANS - The New Orleans Pelicans announced today that the team has signed guard Quinn Cook to a 10-day contract. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Cook (6-2, 179, Duke) has appeared in 39 games this season (38 starts) while averaging 26.0 points, 6.6 assists, 4.1 rebounds and 1.1 steals in 38.6 minutes per contest and was named the MVP of the NBA D-League All-Star Game in February. Cook also appeared in five games this season with the Dallas Mavericks, averaging 5.4 points and 2.4 assists in 15.4 minutes.
He is the second-leading scorer in the D-League, third in minutes per game and seventh in assists per game. Quinn scored a franchise record 49 points with 11 assists and three steals in a win over Texas on December 7th. Cook was a member of New Orleans' 2016 training camp roster, appearing in three preseason games for the Pelicans, averaging 8.3 points and 2.7 assists in 9.6 minutes per game.
Cook will wear #22 and is available for tonight's game against Minnesota at the Smoothie King Center. New Orleans' roster now stands at 14.
Canton will hit the road for their final four games of the regular season, beginning with a visit to the Maine Red Claws (Boston Celtics) on Thursday, March 23rd at 7:00 p.m. Groups of 20 or more can take part in unforgettable fan experiences such as halftime performances, anthem buddies, high five tunnel, benchwarmers, and more! For Charge Nation Memberships, game day promotions and up-to-date information, head to www.CantonCharge.com or call 866-444-1944.
The Canton Charge are part of the Cleveland Cavaliers and Quicken Loans Arena organization and also owned by a group led by Cavaliers Majority Owner and Quicken Loans Founder and Chairman Dan Gilbert. The group also owns and operates the Cleveland Gladiators of the Arena Football League and the Cleveland Monsters of the American Hockey League, both of which play their games at Quicken Loans Arena in downtown Cleveland.
Fans can stay up-to-date on team news by following the team at: @CantonCharge on Twitter at www.twitter.com/CantonCharge and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/CantonCharge.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 19, 2017
- RGV Vipers Even out Series against Northern Arizona - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Quinn Cook Signed by Pelicans - Canton Charge
- Westchester Knicks Outlast BayHawks in Erie - Westchester Knicks
- Red Claws Inch Closer to Playoffs with Win - Maine Red Claws
- Guard Trio Helps Drive Escape Swarm - Grand Rapids Drive
- Warriors Split Weekend Series with Texas - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Santa Cruz Splits Weekend Series with Legends - Texas Legends
- Bighorns Comeback Falls Short - Reno Bighorns
- D-Fenders Clinch Division Title in Sioux Falls Win - Los Angeles D-Fenders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.