Isotopes End Losing Streak, Down Aces 8-3
The Isotopes offense came alive on Thursday night, recording 12 hits in their 8-3 victory over the Aces. The victory over Reno ends the Isotopes six-game losing streak, which dated back to last Friday.
Albuquerque wasted no time getting to the Reno staff, jumping on the Aces for five runs in the bottom of the first inning. The Isotopes then crossed the plate once in the third and twice in the fifth.
The Isotopes went deep twice on the evening, with second baseman Daniel Castro and third baseman Derrik Gibson each connecting on their first home runs of the season in the first inning. Gibson also recorded an RBI single in the third.
First baseman Jordan Patterson finished the night 2-for-4 with two triples, two runs scored and an RBI. It was just Patterson's second multi-hit game of the 2017 season.
Right fielder Noel Cuevas and shortstop Rafael Ynoa each knocked home a run for Albuquerque on the night.
Isotopes starter German Marquez showed signs of dominance on the hill, at one point striking out six Aces hitters in a row. The 23-year-old right-hander left the game after 75 pitches, going 4.2 innings, striking out nine and allowing just two runs on five hits.
Southpaw Ryan Carpenter picked up the win for the Isotopes, tossing 2.1 innings in relief of Marquez while yielding one run.
Right-hander Austin House finished out the ballgame for the Isotopes, pitching a scoreless eighth and ninth inning. The Albuquerque native has now started the season with 8.1 scoreless innings out of the bullpen.
The Isotopes and Aces wrap up their four-game set Friday evening from Isotopes Park. Right-hander Jeff Hoffman (0-1, 4.80) gets the start for Albuquerque while fellow righty Keyvius Sampson (0-1, 15.19) toes the rubber for Reno. First pitch from Isotopes Park is set for 7:05 p.m.
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 21, 2017
- Game Notes: April 21 vs. Reno - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Nashville Sounds Transactions - Nashville Sounds
- 90s Kids Bring the Hits in Grizzles 10-3 Win - Fresno Grizzlies
- Bees Pitchers Shut Down Sacramento - Salt Lake Bees
- Isotopes End Losing Streak, Down Aces 8-3 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Rainiers Blaze Past Chihuahuas for 6-5 Win in Extras - Tacoma Rainiers
- Lamet Sets Team Record in Thursday's Loss - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Omaha Escapes Round Rock 5-3 - Round Rock Express
- Marte Extends Hit Streak, Aces Fall in Game Three to Isotopes - Reno Aces
- Baby Cakes Strike Early, Hold off I-Cubs - PCL
- Dickson Dinger Helps Send Dodgers to 4-3 Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Baby Cakes Rattle I-Cubs - Iowa Cubs
- Sounds Edged 4-3 by Oklahoma City - Nashville Sounds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.