Katie DiGirolamo Awarded Scholarship by Florida State League and Miami MarlinsAugust 14, 2013 - Florida State League (FSL) - Bradenton Marauders
The scholarship winners will be guests of the Miami Marlins in pre-game ceremonies on Sunday, August 18 at 1:10 PM.
The Committee awarded the scholarships after a review of the applications submitted by each applicant. The award is based both on financial need and grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Students eligible for this award must be an employee of, or the child or grandchild of an employee of the participating club and must be at least a high school junior by the 2013 Fall Term.
The scholarship will aid DiGirolamo during her senior year at Stetson University, where she majors in General Business Administration with a minor in Sport Business. After completing her degree she hopes to work in the front office of a professional sports team or within a collegiate athletic department. DiGirolamo competes on Stetson's Sand Volleyball Team and was named to the Atlantic Sun Academic All-Conference Team this year. DiGirolamo has worked for the Marauders for three seasons, most recently as a Sales and Marketing Intern.
The Miami Marlins have sponsored this program for fourteen (14) years and have contributed a total of $136, 500. Florida State League President Chuck Murphy stated "This program is one of the best things we do in the League and I congratulate the Directors and General Managers on their dedication and enthusiasm in administering this program." The purpose of the program is to send a message that an education is key to success in life.
Florida State League Stories from August 14, 2013
- Ninth-Inning Rally Falls Short in Jupiter's 7-5 Loss - Jupiter Hammerheads
- Threshers, Cubs Trade Wins on Wednesday - Clearwater Threshers
- 'Tees End Skid with 8-3 Win over Yankees - Brevard County Manatees
- Shields Lifts Mets to Walk-Off Win over Fort Myers - St. Lucie Mets
- Mets Walk-Off in 4-3 Victory over Miracle - Fort Myers Miracle
- Hops for Hospice 2013 - Clearwater Threshers
- Flying Tigers Return Home Saturday for Doubleheader with Yankees Starting at 4:00 PM - Lakeland Flying Tigers
- Katie DiGirolamo Awarded Scholarship by Florida State League and Miami Marlins - Bradenton Marauders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.