Katie DiGirolamo Awarded Scholarship by Florida State League and Miami Marlins
Bradenton, Fla. - The Florida State League Scholarship Committee has awarded twelve $1,500 educational scholarships to applicants from each team in the League. The Bradenton Marauders are proud to announce that Katie DiGirolamo has been selected as a scholarship recipient.
The scholarship winners will be guests of the Miami Marlins in pre-game ceremonies on Sunday, August 18 at 1:10 PM.
The Committee awarded the scholarships after a review of the applications submitted by each applicant. The award is based both on financial need and grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Students eligible for this award must be an employee of, or the child or grandchild of an employee of the participating club and must be at least a high school junior by the 2013 Fall Term.
The scholarship will aid DiGirolamo during her senior year at Stetson University, where she majors in General Business Administration with a minor in Sport Business. After completing her degree she hopes to work in the front office of a professional sports team or within a collegiate athletic department. DiGirolamo competes on Stetson's Sand Volleyball Team and was named to the Atlantic Sun Academic All-Conference Team this year. DiGirolamo has worked for the Marauders for three seasons, most recently as a Sales and Marketing Intern.
The Miami Marlins have sponsored this program for fourteen (14) years and have contributed a total of $136, 500. Florida State League President Chuck Murphy stated "This program is one of the best things we do in the League and I congratulate the Directors and General Managers on their dedication and enthusiasm in administering this program." The purpose of the program is to send a message that an education is key to success in life.
• Discuss this story on the Florida State League message board...
Florida State League Stories from August 14, 2013
- Ninth-Inning Rally Falls Short in Jupiter's 7-5 Loss - Jupiter Hammerheads
- Threshers, Cubs Trade Wins on Wednesday - Clearwater Threshers
- 'Tees End Skid with 8-3 Win over Yankees - Brevard County Manatees
- Shields Lifts Mets to Walk-Off Win over Fort Myers - St. Lucie Mets
- Mets Walk-Off in 4-3 Victory over Miracle - Fort Myers Miracle
- Hops for Hospice 2013 - Clearwater Threshers
- Flying Tigers Return Home Saturday for Doubleheader with Yankees Starting at 4:00 PM - Lakeland Flying Tigers
- Katie DiGirolamo Awarded Scholarship by Florida State League and Miami Marlins - Bradenton Marauders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Bradenton Marauders Stories
- 2018 Bradenton Marauders Promotional Schedule Set
- Bradenton Boosters Make Annual Donation to Pirates Charities
- Pirates Hosting Grapefruit League Play Ball Event
- Military Appreciation Day at LECOM Park Thursday, March 8
- Pirates & Marauders Announce Florida Ops Staff Updates for 2018