Nichols' Big Night Leads Skyforce Past EnergyFebruary 20, 2013 - NBA Development League (D-League) Sioux Falls Skyforce
Iowa (7-24) led 29-27 after the first quarter behind 10 points from Chris Wright. Iowa pushed the lead to 11 points (59-48) in the second quarter before settling for a 61-57 halftime lead.
The score remained close throughout the third quarter and Sioux Falls (20-12) took a slim one-point lead (88-87) into the final stanza. Nichols caught fire in the final quarter as he scored 15 points to help Sioux Falls win its seventh straight home game.
Mychel Thompson scored 17 points while Mark Tyndale added 15 points, six assists and four steals off the bench. Mike Davis and Damian Saunders each scored 10 points.
Wright recorded 25 points, five assists and five steals to lead the Energy. Justin Hurtt posted 23 points and five rebounds while Jarrid Famous (21 points, 11 rebounds) and Paul Harris (16 points, 11 rebounds) each contributed double-doubles.
Iowa returns home to face Austin Thursday at 7 p.m. CT. Sioux Falls hosts Tulsa Friday at 7 p.m. CT.
NBA Development League Stories from February 20, 2013
- Charge Fall at Home to BayHawks - Canton Charge
- Mad Ants Acquire Bryant Austin - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Toros Sign Bill Walker - Austin Toros
- Austin Toros to Host Annual Guns vs Hoses Game - Austin Toros
- Lady Bighorns to Host Dance Clinic - Reno Bighorns
- Nichols' Big Night Leads Skyforce Past Energy - Sioux Falls Skyforce