News Philadelphia Wings Get Schooled 20-10 by RochesterFebruary 8, 2013 - National Lacrosse League (NLL) Philadelphia Wings
The Wings got three goals from Captain Brodie Merrill and two from former Knighthawk Jordan Hall, who the Wings received in an off-season trade for Dan and Paul Dawson. Kevin Buchanan had six points for Philadelphia on a goal and five assists.
Philadelphia has lost three games in a row after a 2-0 start to the season. Solid play from Wings goalie, Brandon Miller helped the Wings with the fast start, however Philadelphia has given up 50 goals in their past three games.
Familiar face, Dan Dawson, who was traded to Rochester by the Wings in December led the way for the Knighthawks, scoring 11 points on four goals and seven assists. Today's win for the 2012 NLL Champion Rochester, is their second on the season, after a rocky 1-3 start. The Knighthawks leading scorer on the season, Corey Jamieson had seven points on three goals and four assists in the winning effort.
The Wings have a bye next week and return to action against the Colorado Mammoth at Wells Fargo Center for "Bark in the Bowl" to celebrate Mad Dog's Birthday on Sunday, February 24 at 4 p.m.
Tickets to all Philadelphia Wings home games are available online at www.WingsLAX.com, by phone at 215-389-WING or in person at the Wells Fargo Center box office.
National Lacrosse League Stories from February 8, 2013
- Minnesota Swarm Outlast Rock in Overtime 13-12 - Minnesota Swarm
- Mammoth Looks to Avenge Opening-Night Loss to Stealth - Colorado Mammoth
- News Philadelphia Wings Get Schooled 20-10 by Rochester - Philadelphia Wings
- Afternoon Delight for Knighthawks - Rochester Knighthawks
- Chris White Will Play Tonight - Toronto Rock
- Rush to Battle Roughnecks with More on the Line this Time - Edmonton Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.