Comcast Sportsnet Houston To Broadcast Delayed Package Of Houston Aeros GamesJanuary 2, 2013 - American Hockey League (AHL) Houston Aeros
All games, originating from Toyota Center, will air the day after each game is played. The first game features the Aeros taking on the Texas Stars and is set to air on Saturday, Jan.5, at noon. Aeros radio voice Joe O'Donnell will provide the play-by-play for each game.
"We are proud to partner with CSN Houston to expand our footprint in Southeast Texas", said Houston Aeros General Manager Jim Mill. "This agreement is another way for us to connect with hockey fans in the Greater Houston area, providing an additional avenue for our loyal fans to watch their favorite team."
Aeros Hockey on Comcast SportsNet Houston
Jan. 5 vs. Texas - noon
Jan. 6 vs. San Antonio - noon
Jan. 14 vs. Charlotte - 8 p.m.
Feb. 2 vs. Texas - noon
Feb. 5 vs. San Antonio - noon
Feb. 24 vs. OKC - TBD
Comcast SportsNet Houston is available in both standard and high definition to all local cable, satellite and telco TV providers and today is carried by:
- Coastal Link (channels 31/131 in Brazoria County, Texas).
- Comcast Cable (channels 39/639 in the Houston area; 86/1688 in Houma, La Place, Monroe and Shreveport, Lou.; 269/1687 in Little Rock, Ark.).
- Consolidated Communications (channels 42/723 in the Houston area).
- EnTouch (channels 73/473 in the Houston area).
- Phonoscope (channels 35/293 in the Houston area).
Fans with other TV services should visit IWantCSNHouston.com for the latest distribution developments and to notify their cable, satellite or telco TV provider to add Comcast SportsNet to their channel lineup. Follow Comcast SportsNet Houston on Twitter: @CSNHouston for the latest news and information about the network.
Comcast SportsNet Houston is a partnership between the Houston Astros, Houston Rockets, and the NBC Sports Group, and is the new television home of the Astros and Rockets. The network, which launched on October 1, 2012, is available in both standard and high definition to all local cable, satellite and telco TV providers in Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma and New Mexico. Broadcasts originate from a state-of-the-art, street-level studio in the Houston Pavilions. Comcast SportsNet Houston takes fans deeper inside the teams they love with comprehensive Astros and Rockets coverage as well as news and talk programming that matters to local viewers. The network is also the home to major college, high school and professional sports coverage from around the region.
NBC Sports Regional Networks, part of the NBC Sports Group, consists of 13 local networks that deliver more than 2,400 sporting events annually, along with breaking news and comprehensive analysis, to more than 50 million cable and satellite homes. The NBC Sports Regional Networks are: Comcast SportsNet Bay Area, Comcast SportsNet California, Comcast SportsNet Chicago, Comcast SportsNet Houston, Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic, Comcast SportsNet New England, Comcast SportsNet Northwest, Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia, CSS and SNY. NBC Sports Regional Networks also manages NECN (New England Cable News), the nation's largest regional news network, and The Comcast Network, based in Philadelphia and Washington, which delivers community-oriented programming. For more information, see ComcastSportsNet.com.
The Aeros continue a three-game home stand to ring in the New Year. Houston will host Texas at 7:05 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 4 and San Antonio at 7:05 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 5. The first 2,000 youths to the game receive an Aeros youth jersey, compliments of Belknap Plumbing and Bellknap Concrete. The Aeros round out the weekend with a 5 p.m. faceoff on Sunday, Jan. 6 at Texas.
Aeros season tickets start as low as $9 per seat and may be purchased online at Aeros.com by placing a $100 deposit. Once your order is processed, an Aeros ticket representative will contact you to choose your exact seat location, as well as discuss the payment options. Information on season tickets and mini-plans is also available on the team website at www.aeros.com . Groups of 15 or more receive a discount on all tickets, to book your group outing to an Aeros game please call 713-974-PUCK (7825).
American Hockey League Stories from January 2, 2013
- Marlies Blank Bulldogs 6-0 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Marlies Drop Bulldogs in Front of Sellout Crowd - Toronto Marlies
- Bruins Fall to Pirates 2-1 - Providence Bruins
- Eberle Named CCM / AHL Player of the Month - Oklahoma City Barons
- AHL Weekly - AHL
- Comcast Sportsnet Houston To Broadcast Delayed Package Of Houston Aeros Games - Houston Aeros
- Pair of P-Bruins Reassigned to South Carolina - Providence Bruins
- Norfolk Admirals Weekly - Admirals Set for Showdown - Norfolk Admirals
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - Manchester Monarchs
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Toronto Marlies Weekly - Toronto Marlies
- Whale Weekly - Connecticut Whale
- The Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- Nestrasil Reassigned to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Shane Harper to Join Trenton - Adirondack Phantoms
- Texas Stars Left Wing Reilly Smith Named CCM/AHL Rookie of the Month - Texas Stars
- Jordan Eberle, Reilly Smith, Braden Holtby Named American Hockey League Award Winners - AHL
- Braden Holtby Named CCM/AHL Goaltender of the Month - Hershey Bears
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- B-Sens Announce Roster Moves - Binghamton Senators
- Phantoms Weekly - Welcome to 2013 - Adirondack Phantoms
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.