Lazar Hayward Receives NBA Call-Up to TimberwolvesDecember 31, 2012 - NBA Development League (D-League) - Los Angeles D-Fenders
Hayward, selected by Washington in the first round of the 2010 NBA Draft (30th overall) and later traded to Minnesota on draft day, most recently played in the NBA as a member of Oklahoma City and Houston during the 2012-13 preseason. In 68 career NBA games over two seasons with the Thunder and Timberwolves, Hayward averaged 2.9 points, 1.3 rebounds and 0.5 assists in 8.2 minutes. The 6-6, 225 pound forward, who was originally acquired by the D-Fenders on December 30th, also played three games with Tulsa of the NBA Development League in 2012, averaging 24.0 points 5.7 rebounds and 2.7 assists in 34.3 minutes.
A standout at Marquette University, Hayward finished his career with the Golden Eagles as the program's second all-time leading scorer (1,859 points) and fifth all-time leading rebounder (910 rebounds) after averaging 13.5 points (45.2 FG%; 35.7 3FG%) along with 6.6 rebounds in 138 career games. Additionally, the Buffalo, New York native was named to the All-Big East Second Team (2008, 2010) as well as the Big East All-Tournament Team (2010), and earned an All-America Honorable Mention selection by the Associated Press (2010) during his time at Marquette.
NBA Development League Stories from December 31, 2012
- Memphis Grizzlies Recall Tony Wroten from Bighorns - Reno Bighorns
- Iowa's Paul Harris Named NBA Development League Performer of the Week - D-League
- Lazar Hayward Receives NBA Call-Up to Timberwolves - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Los Angeles D-Fenders Lazar Hayward Signs with Minnesota Timberwolves - D-League
- Golden State Warriors Re-Assign Kent Bazemore & Jeremy Tyler to Santa Cruz - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Golden State Warriors Re-Assign Bazemore and Tyler to NBA D-League Affiliate Santa Cruz Warriors - D-League
- Road Weary Red Claws Take One from Rival Springfield, 105-84 - Maine Red Claws
- Cavaliers Recall Samuels from Canton Charge - Canton Charge
- Jones, Liggins and Orton Recalled from Tulsa 66ers - Tulsa 66ers
- New Orleans Hornets Assign Darius Miller to NBA D-League Affiliate Iowa Energy - D-League
- Miles Plumlee Recalled - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.