D-Fenders Knock off Stampede for Third Straight WinDecember 23, 2012 - NBA Development League (D-League) - Los Angeles D-Fenders
Falling behind by as many as 15 points in the first two quarters and trailing by 12 at halftime, the D-Fenders (5-4) climbed back into the contest by going on a 22-10 run to start the third frame. Leading 76-73 through three quarters, the D-Fenders never trailed in the fourth and closed out their five-game home stand with a win.
Gary Flowers tallied a team-high 25 points, three steals and two blocks, Jarrid Famous scored 17 points and Darius Johnson-Odom totaled 16 points, six rebounds and five steals in the D-Fenders fourth straight win overall against the Stampede. Additionally, Orien Greene registered 12 points and Jamario Moon contributed nine points along with 10 rebounds in the victory.
Idaho (1-10) was led by Durrell Summers (27 points, 7 rebounds), Justin Holiday (19 points, 9 rebounds) and Coby Karl (13 points, 7 assists). Sean Evans also pitched in a double-double of 10 points to go with 10 rebounds while Josh Owens nearly missed the feat with 10 points and nine rebounds for the Stampede.
Los Angeles next returns to action on December 28th and 29th for a two-game set in Iowa. Tip-off for the game on the 28th is slated for 5:00 pm PT.
NBA Development League Stories from December 23, 2012
- Texas' Chris Douglas-Roberst Signs with Dallas Mavericks - D-League
- Jackson, Jones and Liggins Recalled from Tulsa 66ers - Tulsa 66ers
- Golden State Warriors Re-Assign Bazemore and Tyler to NBA D-League - D-League
- Golden State Warriors Assign Bazemore & Tyler to Santa Cruz - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Celtics Recall Joseph from Maine Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- D-Fenders Knock off Stampede for Third Straight Win - Los Angeles D-Fenders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.