Blaze Assigned Former Titans Pass ProtectorNovember 27, 2012 - Arena Football League (AFL) Utah Blaze
"We're excited to add George to our offensive front," said Head Coach Ron James. "He's a versatile player that possesses the athleticism to play the edge and the strength to play inside. George comes from a college program that excelled at throwing the football and his ability as a pass protector will certainly benefit our offense." Bias (6-3, 320, Stephen F. Austin) signed with the Tennessee Titans as an undrafted free agent last April. He participated in training camp and saw action in preseason contests against the Seattle Seahawks and Tampa Bay Buccaneers. As a member of the Blaze offense, Bias is reunited with two former Titans teammates in QB Nick Stephens and WR Chase Deadder.
A native of Houston, Texas, Bias was a three-time All-Southland Conference selection at Stephen F. Austin. A starter at left tackle, he earned All-American honors as a senior in 2011 while anchoring an offensive front that allowed the fewest sacks in the FCS (0.45 sacks per game). Twice during his collegiate career, Bias helped the Lumberjacks produced the nation's top-ranked passing offense (2009-10).
Arena Football League Stories from November 27, 2012
- Blaze Assigned Former Titans Pass Protector - Utah Blaze
- AFL Lineman of the Year and Key Veteran Players Join San Antonio Talons - San Antonio Talons
- Philadelphia Soul to Host 7-On-7 Youth Tournament - Philadelphia Soul
- Pittsburgh Power Assigned AFL Interception Leader & 1st Team All-AFL Linebacker - Pittsburgh Power
- Storm Solidify Coaching Staff - Tampa Bay Storm
- Two More Barnstormers Returning for 2013 - Iowa Barnstormers
- VooDoo Adds DL Prentice Purnell - New Orleans VooDoo
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.