Seattle Sounders FC Forward Eddie Johnson Voted MLS Player of the WeekAugust 6, 2012 - Major League Soccer (MLS)
Johnson scored the opening goal - his sixth goal in the Sounders' last seven games - as Seattle overwhelmed the LA Galaxy 4-0 in front of more than 60,000 fans at CenturyLink Field. With ten goals on the season, he is tied for fifth in the race for the Budweiser Golden Boot.
Johnson connected with a cross from teammate Mauro Rosales in the sixth minute, powering a header just inside the far post from eight yards out.
The award is the fourth of Johnson's MLS career, having garnered the honor three times during the 2007 season with the Kansas City Wizards (now Sporting Kansas City). He is the second Seattle player to be voted MLS Player of the Week this season, after David Estrada in Week Two.
The MLS Player of the Week is selected each week of the regular season by a panel of journalists from NASR. The group consists of members of print, television, radio and online media. More information and membership information can be found at www.soccerreporters.com.
Major League Soccer Stories from August 6, 2012
- Sounders FC News & Notes - Seattle Sounders FC
- Earthquakes Weekly Update - San Jose Earthquakes
- Weekly Update: Rapids Visit FC Dallas on Saturday - Colorado Rapids
- Houston Dynamo Launch 8v8 Champions League - Houston Dynamo
- Weekly Update: Red Bulls Look to Regain Top Spot in East, Look for Revenge - New York Red Bulls
- Seattle Sounders FC Forward Eddie Johnson Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Chicago Fire Quarrel with Philadelphia Union - Chicago Fire
- Sounders FC Blow by Galaxy 4-0 - Seattle Sounders FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.