Brooklyn First Inning Leads to VictoryAugust 3, 2012 - New York-Penn League (NYPL) Connecticut Tigers
The game is the final one the Tigers and Cyclones are scheduled to play in 2012.
The six-game season series is split at 3-3.
In the Brooklyn first inning CF Brandon Nimmo (2-3) led off with a double and scored on a double by SS Phillip Evans (3-5).
LF Stefan Sabol (1-4) followed with a two-run home run over the left field wall for all of the offense the Cyclones needed. Brooklyn finished with 12 hits on Friday.
TIGER TRACKS: The Tigers removed LHP Jack Duffey from the Disabled List and placed RHP Montreal Robertson on the Disabled List before the game.
Duffey made his first appearance since July 5 and pitched two scoreless innings.
TIGER TRACKS: The Cyclones had the bases loaded with no one out twice on Friday: once in the 5th inning and once in the 7th inning. The Tigers were helped out by a great play from C Benett Pickar, who threw to third base to pick off lead runner Phillip Evans in the fifth inning with no one out. Connecticut turned a 5-2-3 double play to end the 7th inning without giving up a run.
The Tigers head to Williamsport, PA for a three-game series with the Williamsport Crosscutters, the NYPL affiliate of the Philadelphia Phillies on Saturday night at 7:05 p.m. RHP Edgar De La Rosa (3-2, 4.12) gets the start for Connecticut against a yet-to-be announced starter for Williamsport. Pre-game radio coverage begins at 6:50 p.m. on AM 1310 WICH and online at www.cttigers.com.
The Connecticut Tigers are the Class-A affiliate of the Detroit Tigers and play in the New York-Penn League. The Tigers saw a 23% increase in attendance in 2011, (the 4th highest in Minor League Baseball), and are in their 3rd season at Dodd Stadium. Tickets are now on sale! The Box Office is open 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday through Friday. In addition, tickets can be purchased over the phone at (860) 887-7962. For more information go online to cttigers.com .
New York-Penn League Stories from August 3, 2012
- Cutters' rally falls short in loss to Aberdeen - Williamsport Crosscutters
- Spikes Stop Slide with 1-0 Win over Renegades on Friday Night - State College Spikes
- Hudson Valley End Five-Game Win Streak, Fall Short of Sweep - Hudson Valley Renegades
- IronBirds Hold On, Avoid Sweep in Williamsport - Aberdeen IronBirds
- Scrappers hand Monsters loss - Vermont Lake Monsters
- Augliera fans seven in three innings, Roberson comes through in 10th, 3-2 - Lowell Spinners
- DeJesus dominates in Scrappers win - Mahoning Valley Scrappers
- Brooklyn First Inning Leads to Victory - Connecticut Tigers
- State College Spikes Game Notes - August 3 - State College Spikes
- Spikes Offer Fans Chance at $25,000 Friday on Winning Inning Night - State College Spikes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.