Thunder Gets a Road VictoryJune 27, 2012 - North American League (NAL) McAllen Thunder
Frank James (3-2) pitched eight strong innings and allowed three runs on seven hits, while striking out eight in the process for his third victory of the season.
Gianison Rosa drove in the go-ahead run in the seventh inning, which was started by a Mike Demperio single. He later moved to second on a stolen base. Finally, with the game tied at three, Rosa drove in Demperio from second to seize the lead. Rosa drove in two runs in the game for the Thunder.
McAllen added an insurance run in the ninth inning via a wild pitch which was scored by Demperio which made the score 5-3.
Chad Robinson earned his third save of the season for the Thunder while pitching an inning and struck out in the process.
Offensively for the Thunder, Brian Nichols and Mike Demperio had a multiple hits for the game, as Nichols contributed with three hits and Demperio had two hits.
Mace Thurman (2-2) was the game's losing pitcher. He lasted just 1 1/3 innings, walked none, struck out two, and allowed one run.
The McAllen Thunder will continue their four game series on the road versus the Fort Worth Cats on Thursday night at La Grave field with the first pitch scheduled at 7:05 p.m.
The Thunder is in their 2nd season of professional baseball in the 2012 ULB season. Season Tickets, Family Passes and group nights for Thunder games are available at 956-380-6256.
North American League Stories from June 27, 2012
- WhiteWings Win Slugfest, 11-6 - San Angelo Colts
- Yan, Polanco Lead WhiteWings Past San Angelo - Rio Grande Valley WhiteWings
- Eight Run Fifth Lifts Roadrunners to Victory - Edinburg Roadrunners
- Thunder Gets a Road Victory - McAllen Thunder
- Cats Return from Ugly Road Trip, Fall to Last Place Thunder 5-3 - Fort Worth Cats
- Fort Worth Cats Add Power Hitter Luis Blanco - Fort Worth Cats
- Chick-Fil-A Night Presented by KXVA Fox Abilene - Abilene Prairie Dogs
- First Youth Clinic Is Tonight - San Angelo Colts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.