IceHogs Re-Sign Svendsen for 2012-13June 19, 2012 - American Hockey League (AHL) Rockford IceHogs
In 39 games with the IceHogs in 2011-12, Svendson accumulated 4g-10a-14pts. The winger also appeared in five games with the Binghamton Senators after beginning the year with the Kalamazoo Wings (ECHL) where he notched 13g-22a-35pts. Svendson signed an AHL contract for 2011-12 with Rockford on Jan. 23 after playing seven games on a PTO.
The Maplewood, Minn. native has skated in 230 games throughout his professional hockey career, including 176 contests in the AHL with Rockford, Binghamton and the Bridgeport Sound Tigers.
"We're very excited about having Brandon back with the IceHogs for the upcoming season," said Chicago Blackhawks General Manager of Minor League Affiliations Mark Bernard. "His character and ability as a player were very evident this past season and his veteran presence is a great fit for our younger locker room."
Svendson attended Rockford's training camp last fall on a tryout, but was sent to Kalamazoo to start the season before getting another opportunity in January with the IceHogs.
"I'm really happy about returning to Rockford and it's a great situation for me to come into a place where I'm familiar with the organization and staff," said Svendson. "It's exciting to come back to a roster with a lot of returning players and good core group of guys. Pro hockey is unpredictable and anything can happen, but it's a good opportunity for me to help the team and build on last season."
The 5-10, 176-pound forward has also appeared in ECHL contests with the Idaho Steelheads, Elmira Jackals and Kalamazoo Wings. Svendson helped Kalamazoo reach the 2011 Kelly Cup Finals, where he racked up 5g-7a-12pts in the post season.
Before turning pro, Svendson attended Bowling Green State University (NCAA) where he played four seasons with the Falcons. He totaled 32g-44a-76pts in 148 collegiate games at BGSU.
Season Tickets for 2012-13 Now on Sale: Season ticket packages for the IceHogs 14th season of professional hockey in Rockford, including sixth as the AHL affiliate of the Chicago Blackhawks, are now on sale. Call (815) 847-6399 to reserve your seats or visit icehogs.com for more information.
American Hockey League Stories from June 19, 2012
- B-Sens Announce Change to Home Schedule, Full Season Ticket Plans - Binghamton Senators
- Early Bird Flex Pack Special Unveiled - Portland Pirates
- IceHogs Re-Sign Svendsen for 2012-13 - Rockford IceHogs
- Drake Berehowsky Named Orlando Head Coach - Peoria Rivermen
- Bears Announce Guaranteed Home Dates for 2012-2013 Season - Hershey Bears
- Dean Evason Hired as Admirals Head Coach - Milwaukee Admirals
- Rampage Announce 2012-13 Home Opener - San Antonio Rampage
- Wolves Bring Back Davies - Chicago Wolves
- Griffins Sign East Grand Rapids Native Luke Glendening - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Norfolk's Picard Earns reGen/AHL Performance of the Playoffs Award - AHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.