Gladiators Snap Losing Streak, Defeat Power 58-43April 28, 2012 - Arena Football League (AFL) Cleveland Gladiators
John Dutton continues to reach milestones, as he needed 73 receiving yards entering the game to move into 6th place all-time for career passing yards. He set the mark on the final play of the first quarter, with a 19-yard touchdown pass to Robert Redd. Redd has been the recipient of two of Dutton's milestones this season.
Dutton finished the game 24-of-38 for 281 yards, six touchdowns and one interception. His lone interception came on the Gladiators' first offensive play from scrimmage. The Gladiators trailed 21-7 in the first quarter, but scored 35-unanswerd points to lead 42-21 at one point in the second quarter.
Dominick Goodman led the Gladiators with 11 catches for 120 yards and four touchdowns. Redd hauled in nine passes for 105 yards and a score.
Bryan Randall - in his first start for the Power, finished 28-of-44 for 309 yards, five touchdowns and two interceptions. Joe Phinisee notched his team-leading fourth interception of the season, returning it to pay-dirt in the second quarter. Dominic Jones also intercepted Randall in the game.
Mike Washington led the Power offense with a game-high 13 catches for a game-high 170 receiving yards. He had three touchdowns in the loss.
The Gladiators are on a BYE for Week 9 of the AFL season. They return to action on Friday, May 11 on national television as the NFL Arena Football Friday Game of the Week on the NFL Network. Kickoff is set for 8:00 PM ET. Check your local listings for the NFL Network channel listing in your area.
The Cleveland Gladiators are part of the Cleveland Cavaliers and Quicken Loans Arena organization and also owned by a group led by Cavaliers Majority Owner and Quicken Loans Founder and Chairman Dan Gilbert. The group also owns and operates the Lake Erie Monsters of the American Hockey League playing at Quicken Loans Arena and the Canton Charge of the NBA Development League playing in nearby Canton, Ohio at the Canton Civic Center.
Gladiators tickets are on sale now and start as low as just $13 per seat! For tickets, call 216.420.2222, visit www.clevelandgladiators.com or any Northeast Ohio Discount Drug Mart location.
Arena Football League Stories from April 28, 2012
- Blaze Off to Best Start in Franchise History with Win - Utah Blaze
- Power Falls to Cleveland - Pittsburgh Power
- Spokane Defeats Jacksonville 56-48 - Spokane Shock
- Soul Come Back to Topple Orlando, 69-53 - Philadelphia Soul
- Mustangs Lose In Final Seconds, 61-58 - Milwaukee Mustangs
- Sharks' Late Surge Falls Short in 56-48 Loss - Jacksonville Sharks
- Predators Fall to Philadelphia Soul, 69-53 - Orlando Predators
- Gladiators Snap Losing Streak, Defeat Power 58-43 - Cleveland Gladiators
- SaberCats Dominate Iowa 76-33, Led by Strong Defensive Effort - San Jose SaberCats
- VooDoo Acquire AFL Veteran OL Patrick Afif - New Orleans VooDoo
- Mustangs Return Home to Face the Blaze - Milwaukee Mustangs
- Tonight's Game - What You Need to Know - Jacksonville Sharks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.