Rangers Return Tim Erixon to WhaleDecember 29, 2011 - American Hockey League (AHL) Connecticut Whale
Erixon had been recalled by the Rangers December 19 and skated in four games in his latest NHL stint, registering two penalty minutes and a +2 rating. In 13 total NHL games in his rookie season, the Port Chester, NY native is scoreless and Even, with eight PIM and six shots on goal. The 20-year-old, 6-3, 205-pounder is the second-leading point-getter among Whale defensemen, with one goal and 11 assists for 12 points in 14 games.
The Whale are back in action tomorrow night, Friday, December 30, when they travel to Worcester to take on the Sharks in a 7:30 PM game. All the CT Whale Rockin' Hockey action can be heard live on "The Rock", 106.9 FM, WCCC, as well as on-line at www.ctwhale.com. The Whale's next home game is this Saturday night, New Year's Eve, as they battle the Springfield Falcons. The Whale will be celebrating the coming of the New Year with a special ticket discount, as all upper-level seats for Saturday's game will be available for only $5 each at the Public Power Ticket Office at the XL Center.
Tickets to all 2011-12 Whale home games are on sale now at the Public Power Ticket Office at the XL Center, as well as on-line at www.ctwhale.com and through TicketMaster Charge-by-phone at 1-800-745-3000.
Save on your tickets, and get the best seats, with a ticket plan for the Whale's 2011-12 AHL campaign, which are on sale now. For information on season seats and mini plans, visit www.ctwhale.com, or call the CT Whale ticket office at (860) 728-3366 to talk with an account executive today.
American Hockey League Stories from December 29, 2011
- Wolves Fend off Rockford 5-3 - Chicago Wolves
- Comeback Falls Short in Chicago - Rockford IceHogs
- Cann and Jessiman Lead Monsters to Another Win - Lake Erie Monsters
- Falcons Host Arbors Kid's Club Open Practice - Springfield Falcons
- Nyquist Recalled by Detroit - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Heat Sign Blackwater to PTO Contract - Abbotsford Heat
- Several Goals for Whale this Weekend - Connecticut Whale
- Lightning Recall D Evan Oberg from Admirals and Reassign D Charles - Norfolk Admirals
- Lightning Sign Admirals Forward Pierre-Cedric Labrie - Norfolk Admirals
- Rangers Return Tim Erixon to Whale - Connecticut Whale
- Dallas Assigns Goalie Andrew Raycroft to Texas - Texas Stars
- Amerks Host Bulldogs on Friday to Close out December - Rochester Americans
- Gameday Preview - Texas at Abbotsford - Texas Stars
- Hayes Earns His First NHL Recall, Pirri and Youds Return to Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Celebrate New Year's Eve with the Penguins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Worcester Sharks Host Fireworks Show on Friday Night to Close Out 2011 - Worcester Sharks
- Syracuse University Women's Ice Hockey Team to Generate Proceeds for 'Skate for the Cure' - Syracuse Crunch
- Jets Recall Patrice Cormier from IceCaps - St. John's IceCaps
- Admirals Top Chicago 4-2 - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.