Power Re-Sign AFL Ironman Nominee Lonnell DewaltSeptember 29, 2011 - Arena Football League (AFL) - Pittsburgh Power
"His size and athleticism create matchup advantages on both sides of the ball," said Coach Chris Siegfried. "We moved him around the field last year and Lonnell always willingly put team success first."
Siegfried credited team ownership as a factor in retaining top players. "Matt (team owner and general manager Shaner) has provided us with one of the top practice facilities in the nation (UPMC Sports Performance Complex, the practice facility for the Steelers and Pitt Panthers), and there is no better arena than CONSOL (Energy Center). "Players see these great facilities and it becomes a great advantage for us in recruiting and retaining talented players."
Dewalt played at the University of Kentucky and was a prep star in basketball as well as being a highly recruited football player out of Warren Central High School in Bowling Green, KY.
Open Tryouts to be Held October 1st .
Tryouts for position players will be held at Southpointe Fieldhouse, located at104 Cecil Henderson Road, Canonsburg PA 15317 on October 1st, from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, with registration beginning at 6:30am. Registration for the tryouts, and further information can be found at www.PittsburghPowerFootball.com .
Arena Football League Stories from September 29, 2011
- VooDoo Assign Former Player DB Jerron Wishom - New Orleans VooDoo
- Soul Welcome Back WR Larry Brackins - Philadelphia Soul
- Rattlers Sign Three Wide Receivers - Arizona Rattlers
- Storm Add Bongarra and Fagg to Roster - Tampa Bay Storm
- New Orleans to Host Arenabowl XXV on August 10, 2012 - New Orleans VooDoo
- New Orleans to Host Arenabowl XXV on August 10, 2012 - AFL
- Sharks Add Two Rookies To Roster - Jacksonville Sharks
- Barksdale Returns to Command, Mizzou's Chavis Added - Kansas City Command
- Power Re-Sign AFL Ironman Nominee Lonnell Dewalt - Pittsburgh Power
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.