Amerks Sign Clackson to ATO, Reynolds to PTOOctober 8, 2010 - American Hockey League (AHL) Rochester Americans
Clackson, 23, joins the Amerks after a four-year stint (2006-10) at Western Michigan University, where he totaled 36 points (19+17) and 169 penalty minutes in 129 career games for the Broncos. He posted his best season at WMU in 2009-10, recording 12 points (6+6) and finishing second on team with 48 penalty minutes. Clackson also made his professional debut last season with the AHL's Adirondack Phantoms, skating alongside his brother, Matt, for two contests. Clackson is the only player among 13 training camp invitees to be signed to an amateur tryout agreement.
Prior to attending WMU, the 5-11, 190-pound forward played back-to-back seasons with the Chicago Steel of the USHL. In 2005-06, he set personal career-highs as he finished second on the team in all offensive categories in goals (23), assists (26) and points (49), in addition to pacing Chicago with a team-high 176 penalty minutes.
Reynolds, 29, makes his first jump to the AHL having spent three of the last four seasons playing under current Amerks head coach Chuck Weber with the ECHL's Cincinnati Cyclones. Last season with the Cyclones, the Kerrobert, Saskatchewan, native had a breakout year, collecting career-highs in goals (25), assists (33) and points (56) to guide Cincinnati to its second Kelly Cup championship in four years. Reynolds would also finish the regular season third on the team in overall scoring.
In his pro career, the 6-foot-1, 195-pound forward has amassed 149 points (57+92) and 167 penalty minutes in 251 combined games with Cincinnati and Fassa HC (Italy). His resume also includes two ECHL titles with Weber, the first in 2007-08 and the second this past spring.
The additions come just a day prior to Rochester's season opener against the Toronto Marlies on Saturday, October 9th at Ricoh Coliseum. The 3:00 p.m. afternoon matinee will mark Rochester's first season-opener on the road in 12 years since the 1998-99 campaign and will be broadcast live on SportsRadio 1280 WHTK and FM 107.3, Rochester's Sports Talk.
The Amerks' home-opener is scheduled for the following night on Sunday, October 10th as the defending back-to-back Calder Cup champion Hershey Bears make their way to The Blue Cross Arena. The oldest rivalry in the American Hockey League will be renewed as the two cornerstone franchises participate in the historic kickoff to the league's 75th anniversary season.
As part of the festivities, the Calder Cup will be on display that evening and Native American country star Crystal Shawanda will also be on hand to perform the national anthem. Before the game, Shawanda will perform a mini-concert live in the main atrium of The Blue Cross Arena. The Amerks will also wear unique throwback jerseys for the special event. Everyone in attendance that night will take home a 2010-11 Amerks magnet schedule, courtesy of M&T Bank. Rochester travels to Hershey on Saturday, October 16th to complete the home-and-home series.
American Hockey League Stories from October 8, 2010
- Heat Cool-Off Griffins in Shootout - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Manitoba Edges Peoria in Season Opener - Peoria Rivermen
- B-Sens Burst Into 2010-11 Season With Victory Over Adirondack - Binghamton Senators
- Wolves Upended by Rampage, 6-3, in 17th Season Opener - Chicago Wolves
- Heat Ground Griffins 3-2 in Shootout - Abbotsford Heat
- P-Bruins Fall to Falcons in Home Opener - Providence Bruins
- Chad Johnson Making a Name for Himself - Connecticut Whale
- Monarchs Announce 2010-11 Roster - Manchester Monarchs
- Phantoms Fall at Senators - Adirondack Phantoms
- Crunch Fall to Lake Erie 3-2 in Season Opener - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolf Pack/Whale Notebook - Connecticut Whale
- Falcons Impressive in Season Opener - Springfield Falcons
- Manitoba Kicks off Season with a Win - Manitoba Moose
- Monarchs Release Czarnik - Manchester Monarchs
- Aeros Announce Opening Roster - Houston Aeros
- Pirates Weekly - Portland Pirates
- Pirates Set to Kick off 2010-11 Season - Portland Pirates
- Enhanced Arena Experience Awaits Griffins Fans - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Amerks to Wear Original Stars and Stripes Opening Night - Rochester Americans
- Two Time Defending Calder Cup Champions Announce Opening Night Roster - Hershey Bears
- AHL Set to Kick off 75th Anniversary Season - AHL
- Pirates Announce 2010-11 Roster - Portland Pirates
- Canucks Assign Hodgson, Lack, & Sweatt to Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Marlies Announce 2010-11 Opening Day Roster - Toronto Marlies
- Amerks Sign Clackson to ATO, Reynolds to PTO - Rochester Americans
- Ryan Keller Named B-Sens Captain for the 2010-11 Season - Binghamton Senators
- Pearce Departs for Toledo - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Joe Dipenta Named 12th Captain in Syracuse Crunch History - Syracuse Crunch
- Griffins Introduce iPhone App, Internet Toolbar and Digital Magazine - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Monarchs Sign Four Players to Tryouts - Manchester Monarchs
- Checkers Announce Roster to Open 2010-11 Season - Charlotte Checkers
- B-Sens Announce Opening Night Roster - Binghamton Senators
- Admirals Announce Opening Night Roster - Norfolk Admirals
- Phantoms Roster Unveiled - Adirondack Phantoms
- AHL, PHPA Ratify New Collective Bargaining Agreement - AHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.