Presley Makes Major League DebutSeptember 9, 2010 - Carolina League (CarL) - Lynchburg Hillcats
Presley played all of last season in the outfield with the 2009 Carolina League Champion Hillcats, and also in 2008. He played 197 total games in Lynchburg the past two seasons, when the team was affiliated with the Pittsburgh Pirates. He hit .257 with four home runs and 37 RBI in 2009. He hit .258 with six home runs and 35 RBI the previous season.
On June 27th Presley hit for the cycle with a 5-for-6 performance for the Triple-A Indianapolis Indians. This season he hit .294 with six home runs and 38 RBI in 69 games with the Tribe. He began the season with Double-A Altoona and batted .350 with six homers and 47 RBI in 67 games for the Curve. The former 8th round selection out of University of Mississippi was called up on Monday to the Pirates and Wednesday made his first appearance with his 1-for-2 performance.
He is the third Hillcat this season to make his Major League debut this season; the other two were third baseman Pedro Alvarez and right-hander Brad Lincoln. Alvarez played for the 2009 Hillcats and hit .247 with 14 home runs and 55 RBI in 66 games for Lynchburg. This season with the big club the former first round pick has a .241 clip with 11 dingers and 41 RBI in 73 games. Lincoln tossed for the Green & Gold in 2008 and went 1-5 with a 4.75 ERA in eight starts. For the Buccos this season the former first round selection is 1-4 with a 6.57 ERA in nine starts.
Carolina League Stories from September 9, 2010
- Keys Drop Game Two to Nats, 5-4 - Frederick Keys
- P-Nats Come from Behind to Level Playoff Series - Potomac Nationals
- Axelrod Dominates as Dash Takes 2-0 Lead - Winston-Salem Dash
- Axelrod Downs K-Tribe, Kinston in 2-0 Hole - Kinston Indians
- Presley Makes Major League Debut - Lynchburg Hillcats
- Former Blue Rocks Make U.S. Pan American Qualifying Team - Wilmington Blue Rocks
- SDCS Game 2 K-Tribe Notes - Kinston Indians
- Julius Named Recipient of Minker Award - Frederick Keys
- SDCS Game Two Dash Playoff Notes - Winston-Salem Dash
- Myers Named to Sporting News All-Minor League Team - Wilmington Blue Rocks
- Wild Night Ends With A Walkoff - Frederick Keys
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.