Real Salt Lake Match Preview: RSL At LA Galaxy - Saturday, April 17April 15, 2010 - Major League Soccer (MLS) Real Salt Lake
Real Salt Lake and the Galaxy will renew acquaintances for the first time since they met in Seattle at MLS Cup last November, when the Utah side defeated the Galaxy 5-4 on penalty kicks after a 1-1 tie through 120 grueling minutes of regulation soccer. RSL has posted a .500 regular season record (5-5-5) against the Galaxy and a respectable 3-4-1 away ledger in eight meetings at The Home Depot Center, the subsequent .438 winning percentage representing the second highest road mark against an MLS opponent (2-2-1, .500 at San Jose). Real Salt Lake has controlled the series in recent seasons, going 4-2-5 in its last 11 match-ups (3-2-1 away) since May 2006, which includes last year's ultimate triumph in the Cup final.
The Rail Event Center to Host Saturday's Official RSL Watch Party
Real Salt Lake invites all fans of the Claret-and-Cobalt to gather once again at The Rail Event Center, located 235 N. 500 West in Salt Lake City, this Saturday night for the Official RSL Watch Party for the first of two huge MLS Cup 2009 rematches with the Los Angeles Galaxy. Doors for the RSL Watch Party will open at 7:45 p.m. MT in advance of the 8:30 p.m. kickoff, and free admission will be granted to anyone wearing RSL apparel and children 12 years of age and under. Anyone wishing to gain entrance without wearing any RSL gear may do so for a $3.00 fee at the door.
The Rail will be able to accommodate all Real Salt Lake fans, as the facility includes an alcohol-free family center and an over-21 adult area serving alcoholic beverages. The Rail Event Center stretches over 42,000 square feet and will feature the important early-season affair on most of its 48 plasma screen TV's located throughout the building, giving fans plenty of options to see the Fox Soccer Channel broadcast of the Western Conference showdown.
For more information, visit The Rail's website at www.theraileventcenter.com or call 801-355-0266.
"RSL on the Air": April 17 at Los Angeles Galaxy - 8:30 p.m. MT
TV: Fox Soccer Channel - Coverage begins with "MLS on FSC" at 8:00 p.m.
Radio: KALL 700 Sports (English) - Coverage begins with America First Credit Union Pre-match Report at 7:30 p.m.
ESPN Deportes 1600-AM and La Magia 106.1-FM (Spanish)
Major League Soccer Stories from April 15, 2010
- Real Salt Lake Match Preview: RSL At LA Galaxy - Saturday, April 17 - Real Salt Lake
- Red Bulls Sign Midfielder Brian Nielsen - New York Red Bulls
- D.C. United Partners With Habitat For Humanity Of Metro Washington - D.C. United
- Tryouts Move To Southern California This Weekend For Sueño MLS 2010 - Bui - MLS
- D.C. United Provides Transportation Updates For Chicago Game - D.C. United
- Game Notes - Sounders FC Vs. Kansas City Wizards - Seattle Sounders FC
- Forward Miguel Montaño Called In By Colombia U20s - Seattle Sounders FC
- Real Salt Lake's Alexandre & Gil To Join National Team Programs, Melia Loaned To Charleston Battery - Real Salt Lake
- Real Salt Lake Sneaks Past San Jose To Advance In Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Qualifying - Real Salt Lake
- Earthquakes Fall To Real Salt Lake On Penalties After Thrilling 3-3 Affair Wednesday Night In U.S. O - San Jose Earthquakes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.