Moose name captain, assistant captains for 09-10October 2, 2009 - American Hockey League (AHL) Manitoba Moose
Defenceman Nathan McIver and forward Alexandre Bolduc will serve as alternate assistant captains.
Entering his fifth season with the Moose, Keane, 42, is now the longest serving captain in franchise history, passing Brian Chapman who served as captain from 1999-2003. Keane has now played in 290 career games with the Moose where he has 83 points (27-56-83) and 195 penalty minutes. He has appeared in 1,161 career games in the NHL where he scored 484 points (171-313-484) assists for and 947 penalty minutes. Last season, Keane played his 1,500th career pro game when the Moose hosted the Lake Erie Monsters on Feb. 3/09. He has now played a total of 1,529 in his pro career with 635 points (223-412-635).
Baumgartner, 33, was the last captain of the Moose prior to Keane back in 2004-05. Last season, the Calgary, AB native appeared in 72 games and collected 33 points (11-22-33) and 50 penalty minutes. In 282 career games as a Moose, Baumgartner has scored 144 points (34-110-144) and 294 penalty minutes. Overall, he has played in 715 career games in the American Hockey League since 1996 where hes collected 327 points (74-253-327) and 726 penalty minutes with Iowa, the Philadelphia Phantoms, Manitoba, Norfolk, and Portland. Baumgartner has also played in 131 career NHL games with Dallas, the Philadelphia Flyers, Vancouver, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Washington. In that time, hes scored 45 points (6-39-45) and 67 penalty minutes. Baumgartner was originally drafted in the first round, 10th overall, by the Washington Capitals in the 1994 NHL Entry Draft.
Murray, 34, was the captain of the Manchester Monarchs last season where he appeared in 76 games and lead the team in scoring with 54 points (15-39-54. The Lyleton, MB native has appeared in 346 American Hockey League games over his 13-year pro career with Saint John, Philadelphia, and Manchester where he has 342 points (107-235-342). Murray has also played in 261 National Hockey League games with Calgary, Philadelphia, Carolina, and Los Angeles. In that time, hes scored 73 points (31-42-73). Murray was originally drafted by the Calgary Flames in the fourth round, 96th overall, in the 1993 NHL Entry Draft.
Tickets are still available for tomorrow nights game return engagement versus the Houston Aeros at MTS Centre at 7:30 p.m. Fans can get their tickets at all Ticketmaster locations of online at www.ticketmaster.ca or by calling (204) 780-3333 or by contacting the Moose ticket office at (204) 987-PUCK (7825) or online at www.moosehockey.com.
American Hockey League Stories from October 2, 2009
- Rampage Defeat Texas 3-2 in Home Opener - San Antonio Rampage
- Aeros Fall to Moose 4-3 On Opening Night - Houston Aeros
- Texas Edged By San Antonio In Season Opener 3-2 - Texas Stars
- Aeros Announce 1070 KNTH As Flagship Station - Houston Aeros
- Moose name captain, assistant captains for 09-10 - Manitoba Moose
- Sharks Recall Forward Frazer McLaren and Reassign Jamie McGinn - Worcester Sharks
- Flyers Send Teslak Back To Phantoms - Adirondack Phantoms
- H-E-B Partners With Vipers To Create Pep Band - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Hamilton Bulldogs Sign Forward Maxime Lacroix - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Marlies Announce 2009-10 Opening Day Roster - Toronto Marlies
- Griffins' 14th Season Starts Saturday - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Admirals Finalize Opening Night Roster - Norfolk Admirals
- Admirals Sign Four, Release Two in Preparation for Tomorrow's Season Opener - Norfolk Admirals
- Follow the Crunch on Twitter for a Chance to Win a VIP Meet and Greet with Ralph Macchio - Syracuse Crunch
- Falcons Name Team Captains For 09-10 Season - Springfield Falcons
- AHL's 74th season set to begin tonight - AHL
- Amerks And The Distillery To Whet Fans' Appetites For Food And Hockey - Rochester Americans
- Amerks Re-Launch Website - Rochester Americans
- Admirals Add Toughness with Veteran Mitch Fritz - Norfolk Admirals
- Texas Announces Opening Day Roster - Texas Stars
- Rampage Announce Opening Night Roster - San Antonio Rampage
- Bears announce opening night roster - Hershey Bears
- Worcester Sharks Announce Opening Night Roster - Worcester Sharks
- Marlies Invite All To Experience Canada's Game - Toronto Marlies
- Sound Tigers Set Opening Night Roster - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.