Angels Recall Fernando RodriguezApril 26, 2009 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Salt Lake Bees
Rodriguez, 24, has appeared in six games of relief for the Bees in 2009, registering a 0-0 record and 2.38 ERA while holding opponents to a .162 batting average. In 33 games (22 starts) for Double-A Arkansas in 2008, Rodriguez owned a 7-11 record and 5.53 ERA. The El Paso, Texas native was originally selected by the Angels in the 18th round of the 2003 draft. His first appearance with the Angels will be his major league debut.
The 11-5 Salt Lake Bees continue a four-game homestand today against the Portland Beavers at 2:05 p.m. at Spring Mobile Ballpark. For more information about Bees season tickets, which start as low as $7 per game, please call (801) 325-BEES.
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 26, 2009
- Reno knocks off Fresno, 3-2 - Reno Aces
- Sky Sox Beat Rainiers 7-5 in a Home Run Happy Affair - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Z's rally falls short - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Arias gets first win of season - Round Rock Express
- Sounds Blanked By I-Cubs, 3-0 - Nashville Sounds
- Beavers-Bees Postponed Due To Rain Sunday - Portland Beavers
- Royals, RedHawks Rained Out Again - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Today's Bees Game Postponed - Salt Lake Bees
- Padres Recall Drew Macias - Portland Beavers
- Angels Recall Fernando Rodriguez - Salt Lake Bees
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City RedHawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.