Angels Recall Brown, Option Wilson to Salt LakeApril 30, 2008 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) - Salt Lake Bees Press Release
Wilson, 25, made his major league debut with the Angels on April 28, recording his first hit, a single, in his first at bat against the Oakland Athletics. Wilson has appeared in 16 games for the Bees in 2008, hitting .339 with 12 RBI and six doubles. The Dunedin, Fla. native was originally selected by the Angels in the 48th round of the 2002 draft.
Brown, 25, owns a team-high .425 batting average with the Bees in 2008, along with 23 RBI, six home runs, 11 doubles and three triples. Named Pacific Coast League Hitter of the Week for April 3-13, the Bellevue, Wash. native made his major league debut in 2007, appearing in four games for the Angels. Brown was originally selected by the Angels in the 10th round of the 2001 draft.
The 22-2 Salt Lake Bees continue a four-game road stand this morning against the Memphis Redbirds at 10:05 a.m. For more information about Bees season tickets, which start as low as $7 per game, please call 325-BEES.
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 30, 2008
- Z's win a wild one - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Sidewinders rally late for win - Tucson Sidewinders
- Former Express pitcher homers in return to Round Rock - Round Rock Express
- Zephyrs add Pascucci - New Orleans Zephyrs
- RedHawks strike early, forced to hold on - Portland Beavers
- Bees beat up Redbirds - Memphis Redbirds
- Sounds Score Two Late Runs To Beat Sox, 4-3 - Nashville Sounds
- Royals Game Notes - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Angels Recall Brown, Option Wilson to Salt Lake - Salt Lake Bees
- Oklahoma RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Star Plays for Omaha Instead of KC - Omaha Storm Chasers
- 51s Throttle Topes 18-5 - Las Vegas 51s
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.