Rock Cats fall to ThunderApril 18, 2008 - Eastern League (EL) New Britain Rock Cats
Wright (3-1, 2.92), who appeared in three games with the Yankees last season, limited the Rock Cats to four runs on eight hits through 7 2/3 innings. He struck out six.
Trenton took an early 1-0 in the first inning on Colin Curtis' RBI single to center field. New Britain answered back in the third inning. Erik Lis tripled to right field and scored on Luke Hughes' single to tie the game.
The Thunder roared back with three runs in the fourth. Curtis led off the inning with a walk and scored on a triple by Matt Carson to give the Thunder the lead again. P.J. Pilittere (2-for-4, 2 R) added an RBI single and then scored on a ground out to put Trenton ahead, 4-1.
Down 8-2 going into the bottom of the eighth, the Rock Cats rallied when Hughes (3-for-4) doubled off the wall. Trevor Plouffe followed with a triple that scored Hughes. Dustin Martin drove in Plouffe with a sac fly to short right field. With two outs, David Winfree reached base on a walk. Winfree was then thrown out trying to steal second with Matt Moses at the plate to end the inning.
Rock Cats starter Oswaldo Sosa labored through four innings. Sosa (0-2, 5.84) allowed four runs on five hits and three walks.
Eastern League Stories from April 18, 2008
- Baysox Walk Off After Wild Finish - Bowie Baysox
- Aeros Tie, But Bowie Prevails in 10 - Akron Aeros
- B-Mets Drop Second Straight - Binghamton Mets
- Rock Cats fall to Thunder - New Britain Rock Cats
- Portland extends their winning streak to six! - Portland Sea Dogs
- Boone, Dorta enjoy huge nights, but Curve fall 13-4 to Erie - Altoona Curve
- Thunder defeat New Britain 8-4 behind Wright - Trenton Thunder
- Fisher Cats in Harrisburg - 5-4 in 11 innings Friday - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Sens win in walk-off fashion - Harrisburg Senators
- Thunder top Rock Cats 8-4 - New Britain Rock Cats
- SeaWolves Slam Curve 13-4 - Erie SeaWolves
- Defenders Win 1-0 - Connecticut Defenders
- Erie SeaWolves At Altoona Curve - Game Two Of Four - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Akron Aeros Game Notes - Akron Aeros
- MacDonald Promoted To Triple-A Syracuse/Vermilyea Returns To Fisher Cats - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Hammers, Wrenches And Nick Saban Part Of Curve's Salute To Tools Night - Altoona Curve
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.