FC Dallas Signs Colombian / American Midfielder Sebastian BoteroAugust 22, 2007 - Major League Soccer (MLS) FC Dallas
Botero and his family moved to Colombia when he was one year old, and he joined the Medellin youth system at age 13. He made his professional first team debut for Medellin at age 17, on August 3, 2003 versus Atletico Huila. In his four years with the club, he went on to make 46 first team appearances, playing his final game in June 2007 against Cucuta Deportivo.
In 2003, Botero played for Colombia's Under-17 national team in the South American championships, scoring a goal against Paraguay while also playing against Argentina, Brazil, Bolivia, and Uruguay. Botero will occupy a position on the 10-man Developmental Roster, with second-year forward Dominic Oduro moving up to the 18-man Senior Roster.
NAME: Sebastian Botero
DATE OF BIRTH: July 4, 1986
BIRTHPLACE: Ames, Iowa
HOMETOWN: Medellin, Colombia
LAST CLUB: Independiente Medellin (Colombia)
Major League Soccer Stories from August 22, 2007
- Wizards Earn Three Points in 3-2 Victory Over Chicago - Sporting Kansas City
- Chicago Suffers 3-2 Loss at Kansas City - Chicago Fire
- Moreno Makes Major League Soccer History - D.C. United
- D.C. United's Marc Burch upgraded to 18-man roster - D.C. United
- New York Red Bulls RDS Announce Fall Try Outs - New York Red Bulls
- FC Dallas Signs Colombian / American Midfielder Sebastian Botero - FC Dallas
- Crew Weekly News & Notes - Columbus Crew
- D.C. United player appearances: August 22-27 - D.C. United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.