Bodine School to be featured non-profit SundayJanuary 3, 2007 - Central Hockey League (CHL) - Mississippi RiverKings Press Release
In April of 1972, the school became Bodine of Germantown, Inc., commonly called The Bodine School. The Bodine School operates as a non-profit, charitable, educational organization. This year there are 82 students enrolled at The Bodine School grades 1-8.
"We are excited to participate with the RiverKings once again," said Joe Keohane, Director of Development/Public Relations. "We expect this to be a fun time with our students, their families, and the RiverKings."
The Bodine School strives to lead the Mid-South in teaching children with reading difficulties to read and succeed. Typically the students attending The Bodine School have difficulties with slow and labored oral reading, and their spelling is poor. The goal of the school is to return students to traditional schools within a 3-5 year period of time.
Services are provided to the community through the day school and summer school programs, tutor referrals, community workshops, school website, school in-services, and yearly publications. Throughout its 35 year history, The Bodine School has provided students with a nurturing environment, a challenging academic curriculum, and a faculty specially trained in reading remediation. Students who attend The Bodine School have, upon transition, gone on to attend a variety of public and independent schools with the majority attending post-secondary institutions upon graduation.
As part of the RiverKings featured non-profit feature, a representative from The Bodine School will drop the puck before the RiverKings game. The Bodine School will also have a table setup on the concourse behind section 117 during the game to auction off a RiverKings autographed hockey stick and pennant.
"We see this event as a friend-raiser," said Keohane. "We just want to increase awareness for the kids and what our school is all about."
For more information on The Bodine School please visit www.bodineschool.org.
For more information on tickets for this and future RiverKings' games, call 662-342-1755 or visit www.riverkings.com.
Central Hockey League Stories from January 3, 2007
- Weekly RiverKings news and notes - Mississippi RiverKings
- Basile Selected to 2007 CHL All-Star Roster - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Bees kick off 2007 on the road - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Hounds Make Roster Moves Prior to Six-Game Road Trip - Youngstown SteelHounds
- Rage and Cotton Kings Swing Blockbuster Deal - Rocky Mountain Rage
- Wanchulak returns, Stoddard granted leave - Mississippi RiverKings
- Bodine School to be featured non-profit Sunday - Mississippi RiverKings
- Gorillas weekly update - Amarillo Gorillas
- Mudbugs Weekly - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Cotton Kings and Rocky Mountain Complete Trade - Lubbock Cotton Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.