Yale Alum Emma Vlasic Signs First Pro Contract with the Whale
After graduating from Yale earlier this year, forward Emma Vlasic will stay in Connecticut, signing her first professional contract with the Whale.
"The chance to play professionally in the NWHL is an unbelievable opportunity," said Vlasic. "When I was growing up, there was no professional women's hockey and I've always been a huge fan of the NHL, so I'm really excited to be signing with the Connecticut Whale this season and be a part of the NWHL."
The Wilmette, Illinois native recorded 46 points (23-23-46) in 114 games for the Bulldogs and served as captain of the team her senior year.
"Emma is coming off a strong college career at Yale," said Whale general manager Bray Ketchum. "We are excited to watch her grow as a professional hockey player. She will bring speed and skill to the Whale forward lineup. Welcome back to Connecticut, Emma!"
Prior to college, Vlasic was captain of Chicago Young Americans, helping lead the team to back-to-back state championships.
"I just want to keep improving my game and learn from the best in the business," said Vlasic.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Hockey League message board...
National Women's Hockey League Stories from August 1, 2019
- Megan Delay, 2018 Clarkson Cup Champion with Markham, Signs with the Buffalo Beauts - Buffalo Beauts
- Yale Alum Emma Vlasic Signs First Pro Contract with the Whale - Connecticut Whale
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Connecticut Whale Stories
- NHL Veteran Colton Orr, NWHL Veteran Laura Brennan to Coach Connecticut Whale
- Connecticut Whale Season Tickets Go on Sale Wednesday at 11 AM ET at NWHL.Zone/Tickets
- Connecticut Signs Veteran Forward Kaycie Anderson
- Goaltender Cassandra Goyette Signed by the Whale
- Keeping the Core Together, Whale Re-Sign Hughson