Whale Moves to Northford Ice Pavilion for Second Season
Northford, CT - The National Women's Hockey League (NWHL) today announced that the Connecticut Whale will call the Northford Ice Pavilion (NIP) home for the 2016-17 season.
"We are extremely excited that our facility will be home to our first professional hockey team," said NIP General Manager Bill Maniscalco. "What makes it even more special is that it is a women's professional team! I feel this will help grow the girls' hockey game in this area, both at a younger and older level."
NIP is an ice skating complex with several NHL-sized sheets, including the Red Rink, the former home of the Quinnipiac Bobcats, which seats 1,200 spectators. Last season, the Whale played at Chelsea Piers Connecticut in Stamford.
"The Whale is extremely excited to call the Northford Ice Pavilion our new home," said Connecticut General Manager Lisa Giovanelli. "The owners and staff of the facility are great women's hockey supporters and we're fortunate to build a relationship with them for our second season in the NWHL."
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Hockey League message board...
National Women's Hockey League Stories from May 5, 2016
- Courtney Burke Signs with New York Riveters - Metropolitan Riveters
- Whale Moves to Northford Ice Pavilion for Second Season - Connecticut Whale
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Connecticut Whale Stories
- Olympians Hensley and Raisanen Battle as Beauts Defeat Whale, 4-0
- Finnish Olympic Team Goaltender Meeri Raisanen Signs with the Whale
- Connecticut Whale Tickets on Sale Now
- Russian National Team Goaltender Maria Sorokina Signed by Connecticut
- Whale Star Emily Fluke Finds Inspiration in Memorable WNBA Event