West Tenn Falls in the Elenth
(Jackson, TN) July 26th- Michael Myers three run homer in the eleventh inning gave the Birmingham Barons a 6-3 win over the West Tenn Diamond Jaxx in game four of a five game series from Pringles Park. The win by Birmingham clinches the series as well as the season series from the Diamond Jaxx.
Donny Lucy hit a one out infield single off losing pitcher Jose De la Cruz (1-2) and took second on a single to left by Sean Smith. That set up Myers heroics as he hit a three run homer just inside the left field foul pole to give the Barons a 6-3 lead. Fernando Hernandez pitched a perfect bottom of the eleventh inning to save the game for Oneli Perez (5-2). Lucy had three hits and a RBI while Smith and Cory Aldridge had two hits each to pace the Barons twelve hit attack.
Matt Tuiasosopo and Prentice Redman drove in a run each while the Jaxx got single hits from Charlton Jimerson, Mike Wilson, Luis Valbuena and Redman. The loss by the Diamond Jaxx drops their record in the second half to 14-20.
The final game of the series takes place on Friday night at 7:05 CDT. Right-hander Andy Baldwin (2-9 4.70) gets the start for the Diamond Jaxx. The Barons will counter with lefty Corwin Malone (0-5 5.02).
• Discuss this story on the Southern League message board...
Southern League Stories from July 26, 2007
- BayBears batter biscuits - Mobile BayBears
- BayBears Flatten Biscuits - Montgomery Biscuits
- West Tenn Falls in the Elenth - Jackson Generals
- Suns Thrash Stars on Thursday Throwdown - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Suns Explode in Big Win over Stars - Huntsville Stars
- Smokies Win a Close One - Tennessee Smokies
- Smokies down Carolina 3-2 in Game - Tennessee Smokies
- Braves KO'd by Cueto - Mississippi Braves
- Lookouts Blank Braves, 7-0 - Chattanooga Lookouts
- Stars Pitching Staff Shuffle - Huntsville Stars
- Smokies Add Cortes, Reynolds To Roster - Tennessee Smokies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.