Weigel Dealt to Swift Current for Draft Pick
REGINA - The Regina Pats announced Thursday the club has dealt 17-year-old defencemen Daylan Weigel to the Swift Current Broncos in exchange for a fifth-round pick in the 2021 WHL Draft.
Weigel was drafted by the Pats 130th overall in the 2018 WHL Bantam Draft and spent the 2019-20 season with the Saskatoon Blazers U18 AAA team, registering 26 points (6G-20A) in 42 games. The Warman, Sask. product appeared in one game with the Pats last season, making his WHL debut February 5 in Saskatoon against the Blades.
The 2021 WHL Draft is scheduled for December of this year, with 2006-born players eligible to be selected.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from February 18, 2021
- Daemon Hunt Named Warriors Captain - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Registration Nears 40,000 Students for TELUS BE BRAVE - Calgary Hitmen
- Braden Schneider Named Captain for 2020-21 Season - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Broncos Acquire Defenceman Daylan Weigel from Regina - Swift Current Broncos
- Hurricanes Announce 2021 Leadership Group - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Weigel Dealt to Swift Current for Draft Pick - Regina Pats
- Stefan Stepping up His Game with the Stars - Portland Winterhawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.