The Maine NordiquesÂ wnet on the road for a 2 game weekend series against the Jamestown Rebels. On Friday, they fell on the short side of a 3-2 OT loss. Jack Strauss picked up the opening goal, however, Jamestown struck back. after a 1-1 first period, Isaiah Fox gave the Nords the 2-1 lead headed into the 3rd. In the 3rd the Rebels scored with less than 3 minutes to go, and would then pick up the winner late in OT.
Saturday, the boys found themselves down 2-0 early due to quick back-to-back goals from the Rebels, they tried to come back as Stefan Owens made it 2-1 after the 1st. Jamestown responded with another pair of back-to-back goals to give them the 4-1 advantage. Cannon Green scored with seconds remaining in the 2nd to cut the lead to 4-2. Defenseman Luke Antonacci, getting the call up from the MNDP got his first-ever point in the NAHL, by assisting on the goal. The third period started off with a Rebels goal midway through the frame. The Nords got it back with Kevin Pitts, however, came up short 5-3.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from November 12, 2019
- Ice Wolves Record First Franchise Sweep - New Mexico Ice Wolves
- Minnesota Wilderness Tender Will Traeger from Shattuck St. Mary's - Minnesota Wilderness
- Wilderness Assistant Captain Nate Horn Selected as Star of the Week - Minnesota Wilderness
- Weekend Recap - Maine Nordiques
- Titans to Have Canned Food Drive with Donations Going to Lunch Break - New Jersey Titans
- Ice Wolves Win First Home Game of Inaugural Season - New Mexico Ice Wolves
- Wings Fall in Minot Monday - Aberdeen Wings
- Frisco Tap House to Enhance Partnership with Black Bears - Maryland Black Bears
- Veterans Day Victory - Minot Minotauros
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.