Week 8 Fantasy Recap
With Danny Southwick and Brandon Cottom stepping in, the Soul had nine different players register at least 5 fantasy points this week. That's by far the most 5-point scorers by any team in a single week this season. In fact, the Soul had more variety this week than 3 other teams have had all season - Albany and Washington have only eight skill position players with at least 5 fantasy points this season, while Atlantic City has just seven.
Soul DraftKings Points in Week 8 vs. Atlantic City
Darius Prince 18.5
Adrian Ferns 18.4
Dan Raudabaugh 17.5
BJ Bunn 15.4
Jordan Williams 12.7
Lonnie Outlaw 10.7
Brandon Cottom 6.3<<
Kenny Spencer 6
Danny Southwick 5.2<<
>> First points with Soul this season
- While spreading the ball around didn't help the Soul much on the DraftKings season leaderboard, both Dan Raudabaugh and Darius Prince remain among the top-7 overall scorers.
Most DraftKings Points - This Season
Arvell Nelson 310.5 Washington Valor
Malachi Jones 284.2 Albany Empire
Tommy Grady 276.3 Albany Empire
LaMark Brown 224.6 Atlantic City Blackjacks
Dan Raudabaugh 223.1 Philadelphia Soul
Quentin Sims 221 Albany Empire
Darius Prince 220.5 Philadelphia Soul
Shane Boyd 219.4 Baltimore Brigade
Grant Russell 207.5 Columbus Destroyers
Joe Hills 207.1 Baltimore Brigade
- Adrian Ferns had another big day against Atlantic City, scoring three touchdowns for the second time in as many games against the Blackjacks. He's racked up 41.1 DraftKings points in two games against Atlantic City (20.6 PPG), compared to 24.9 total points in the other six games combined (4.2 PPG). He's also scored 64.2 of his 66 total points at home this season.
- With his second double-digit performance in a row, Ferns became the leading scorer among AFL fullbacks this season. He scored 14.6 last week against the Valor before his 18.4-point outing on Sunday against Atlantic City.
Most DraftKings Points by RB - This Season
Adrian Ferns 66.0<< Philadelphia Soul
Mykel Benson 63.7 Albany Empire
Rory Nixon 52.1 Baltimore Brigade
>> 64.2 in five home games
- Despite Ferns' three-touchdown performance, WR Darius Prince actually led the team with 18.5 fantasy points, making him this week's DraftKings Player of the Week.
- Next up, the Soul will take on a Columbus team that boasts dangerous return man and receiver Fabian Guerra. The player's 28.0 fantasy points per game rank fifth in the league this season.
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League message board...
Arena Football League Stories from June 17, 2019
- Valor Today - Washington Valor
- Week 8 Fantasy Recap - Philadelphia Soul
- Philadelphia Soul Announce Kids Get in Free on June 29th - Philadelphia Soul
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.