Utah Royals FC Signs French Midfielder Aminata Diallo
SANDY, Utah - Utah Royals FC has signed midfielder Aminata Diallo on loan from Paris Saint-Germain for the 2020 season, pending the approval of her P-1 visa.
The rights to Diallo were acquired from the Houston Dash in exchange for a third round draft pick for the 2021 National Women's Soccer League College Draft.
"Diallo is a young and exciting French talent who will be able to provide us depth in the midfield," General Manager Stephanie Lee said.
Diallo, 24, comes to Utah after spending the past few years with PSG in Division 1 Féminine, the top flight of French soccer. During her time there she has scored one goal in 59 appearances. In her first season she was part of the team that fell to Olympique Lyon in the championship of both the UEFA Women's Champions League and Coupe de France Féminine.
"We are delighted to welcome Aminata to the club," Head Coach Craig Harrington said. "She is aggressive and quick with her movement on both sides of the ball, she is good in possession and overall makes our group stronger."
Prior to her time with PSG, Diallo played two seasons with Guingamp, also of the French first division, where she recorded 39 appearances. Additionally, she played one season with Arras where she played in 19 matches.
Diallo began her professional career with Grenoble Métropole Claix Football Féminin in 2011, at the time the club began playing in the second division of French football. She played in nearly 50 matches.
On the international stage, Diallo has appeared in seven matches for the France National Team, including during the 2018 SheBelieves Cup. In total she has scored one goal in seven matches. The young midfielder has an extensive background in the French youth system, beginning her international career with the U-19 team. During that time she won the UEFA Women's U-19 Championship. She was also part of the squad that finished third in the 2014 FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup.
TRANSACTION: Utah Royals FC signed Aminata Diallo on a season-long loan from Paris Saint-Germain. The rights to Diallo were acquired from Houston Dash in exchange for a third-round pick in the 2021 NWSL College Draft.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from March 11, 2020
- Lavelle, Sullivan, USWNT Win SheBelieves Cup - Washington Spirit
- National Women's Soccer League Announces Landmark, Multi-Year Media Rights Agreements with CCBS Sports - Sky Blue FC
- 2020 Pride Broadcast Schedule Released as NWSL Announces Landmark, Multi-Year Media Rights Agreement with CBS Sports and Twitch - Orlando Pride
- NWSL Announces Multi-Year Media Rights Agreements with CBS Sports, Twitch - Washington Spirit
- NWSL Announces Landmark, Multi-Year Rights Agreements with CBS Sports and Twitch - NWSL
- Houston Dash Announce Broadcast & Streaming Schedule for 2020 Season - Houston Dash
- Four Thorns FC Matches to Feature on CBS Sports Network as Part of NWSL Media Rights Agreement - Portland Thorns FC
- Utah Royals FC Signs French Midfielder Aminata Diallo - Utah Royals FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Utah Royals FC Stories
- Utah to Host 2020 NWSL Challenge Cup Presented by P&G and Secret
- RSL and Utah Royals FC Join with Wonder Entertainment to 'Light the RioT'
- A Unique Mix of Partners Collaborate with the Navajo Nation During COVID-19 Pandemic
- RSL Foundation and Broadway Media Group Launch "Feeding Our Frontline" Community Fund
- Dell Loy Hansen and Wasatch Property Management Offer Relief to Property Residents