Tori Sullivan Signs First Pro Contract with Boston
After playing collegiate hockey at Boston College and Northeastern, Michigan native Tori Sullivan will continue her career as a professional with the Boston Pride. She signed her NWHL contract on Tuesday and is fired up to play her rookie season.
"It's awesome to be able to keep playing here," said Sullivan. "I love the city of Boston. We're pretty lucky as a sports city...we have a lot of successful pro teams. The NWHL and the Pride have been a fantastic addition to that and the league is on the rise. Growing up, I didn't know of any pro hockey, so when the NWHL started my freshman year, I thought, 'Wow, I could see myself playing in that.' I thought college was pretty much it. This is a great opportunity to keep playing."
Sullivan played two seasons at BC, earning Hockey East All-Rookie Team honors in her first season. She transferred to Northeastern, helping the Huskies to a Hockey East regular season title and tournament championship, as well as an NCAA Tournament appearance. Sullivan finished her collegiate career with 36-62-98 and a plus-80 rating in 154 games.
"Tori is a very talented player who excels in every situation, so she's an important addition to the Pride," said Boston head coach Paul Mara. "I'm really looking forward to working with her."
In addition to her success on the ice, Sullivan was a member of the Hockey East All-Academic Team and earned the BC Athletic Director's Award for Academic Excellence. While playing for Boston, Sullivan will continue her education at Northeastern in the fall, studying behavioral neuroscience.
Sullivan will receive $5,000, partake in the 50 percent cut of revenue from league sponsorship and media deals, and receive 15 percent of revenue from apparel sold with her name on it.
"I want to enjoy the year - win games, have fun, meet new people," Sullivan said. "It will be exciting to get acclimated to the team and the league and enjoy the culture and loyal fan support of the Pride."
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Hockey League message board...
National Women's Hockey League Stories from May 21, 2019
- Tori Sullivan Signs First Pro Contract with Boston - Boston Pride
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Boston Pride Stories
- Citing Team Culture 'Inspiring Us to Grow,' Tori Sullivan Signs to Return to the Boston Pride
- Boston Pride Sign 12th Overall Draft Pick Tereza Vanisova, Maine's All-Time Points Leader
- NWHL Goaltender of the Year Lovisa Selander Returns for Second Season with the Boston Pride
- Boston Signs Defenders Kelly, Rheault and Souliotis to Contracts for 2020-21 Season
- On National Teachers' Day, Jillian Dempsey Teacher & All-Time Leading Scorer Re-Signs with Boston