Streaming Tonight: 2009 MLS Cup Replay on RSL.com at 7 p.m. MT
SANDY, Utah - Real Salt Lake launches its RSL Classic broadcast series today as the replay of the 2009 MLS Cup final will stream online at RSL.com beginning at 7 p.m. MT.
Real Salt Lake's improbable run to the MLS Cup title included dramatic results in the final weekend of the season, a run through the Eastern Conference with wins over the Chicago Fire and defending MLS Cup champion and 2009 Supporter's Shield-winning Columbus Crew in a shootout in Columbus before meeting the star-laden LA Galaxy in Seattle in the MLS Cup final.
Captained by Kyle Beckerman and with a roster that featured MLS stars Nick Rimando, Nat Borchers, Jamison Olave and Javier Morales, RSL squared off with David Beckham, Landon Donovan and the LA Galaxy in front of a crowd of 46,011.
Rimando was named MLS Cup MVP for his stellar performance in net that included two saves in the penalty-kick shootout and Robbie Russell converted the decisive shot to clinch the Phillip F. Anschutz Trophy for the first time in club history. That victory kick-started a run of success for RSL that saw the club reach finals in the 2010-2011 CONCACAF Champions League, the 2013 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup and the 2013 MLS Cup while also consistently finishing among the MLS elite during the regular season each year.
Watch the iconic match starting at 7 p.m. MT on RSL.com and stay tuned for future RSL Classic broadcast information.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from March 25, 2020
- Streaming Tonight: 2009 MLS Cup Replay on RSL.com at 7 p.m. MT - Utah Royals FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Utah Royals FC Stories
- Utah Royals FC Ends Season with 2-0 Defeat to OL Reign
- Utah Royals FC Finishes 2020 NWSL Season at OL Reign
- Utah Royals FC Close Home Slate in 1-1 Draw with Portland
- Utah Royals FC Faces Portland Thorns FC in Final NWSL Match at Rio Tinto Stadium in 2020
- Utah Royals FC to Compete on Behalf of Journey of Hope as Part of Verizon Community Shield