STLFC Signs Tyler Blackwood
ST. LOUIS, Mo. - Saint Louis FC announced the acquisition of forward Tyler Blackwood from Sacramento Republic, pending league and federation approval, for the remainder of the 2019 USL Championship season.
"I'm really pleased with the addition of Tyler," said STLFC Head Coach Anthony Pulis. "He has the ability to play wide or through the middle as a central striker and his pace, mobility and quality will certainly give our group a boost as we approach the last 13 regular season games. He has good experience in the league and comes here hungry with a point to prove which is very attractive to me."
Blackwood was born in London, England where he developed in the Northampton Town and Barnet youth systems before accepting a scholarship at the University of Tampa. He made 33 appearances and scored 24 goals from 2011-2013 for the Spartans before transferring to University of South Florida where he made 10 appearances and scored four goals in 2014. Blackwood also played for the Orlando City U23s in USL League Two during the 2013 season where he led the league with 15 goals scored in 14 appearances. He then signed his first professional contract with Queen's Park Rangers where he made one appearance before being loaned to Newport County in English League Two where he scored one goal in three appearances.
Blackwood would return to the United States in 2016 as he signed with Arizona United in the USL Championship and go on to make 26 appearances and score eight goals. He then signed with Sacramento Republic for a first stint in 2017 where he made 34 appearances and scored six goals as the team finished the season in the USL Championship Conference Semifinals. Blackwood would move to Swope Park Rangers in 2018 where he made 34 appearances with eight goals scored before re-signing with Sacramento Republic for a second spell at the start of the current 2019 season.
"I'm very excited to be joining the squad and looking forward to helping in any way I can to reach the playoffs and beyond," said Blackwood. "I've experienced the St. Louligans as a visiting player so it will be nice to have them in my corner now!"
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from August 14, 2019
- Mueller, Marini Propel Battery Past Loudoun in Wild Finish - Charleston Battery
- Loudoun United Fall to the Charleston Battery 2-1 at Segra Field - Loudoun United FC
- Hounds Down Red Bulls II, 2-1 - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Reno and Phoenix Set for Showdown in the Desert - Reno 1868 FC
- Official Club Statement Issued - Sacramento Republic FC
- Official Club Watch Party at Corner Pub Downtown this Saturday, August 17 - Nashville SC
- North Carolina FC Signs Former UNC Standout Colton Storm - North Carolina FC
- Leagues Cup - Best Price in Town - 2 Tickets for the Price of 1 - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Republic FC Transfer Forward Tyler Blackwood to St. Louis FC - Sacramento Republic FC
- STLFC Signs Tyler Blackwood - Saint Louis FC
- El Paso Locomotive FC Announces Plans for August 17th "El Paso Strong" Game - El Paso Locomotive FC
- The Gold Standard - Nashville SC Is Cashing in on the Field, and Has the Style to Back It Up - Nashville SC
- USL Championship Discipline Report - Week 24 - USL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.