SteelHounds Prepare for Big Holiday Weekend with Numerous Promotions
YOUNGSTOWN, OHIO - The Youngstown SteelHounds are preparing for a big three-game weekend fresh off their eight game, 21-day road trip that concluded on Saturday night with their third victory in four games. The SteelHounds will host the Austin Ice Bats on Thursday, December 21st, Friday, December 22nd and Saturday, December 23rd and the Memphis RiverKings on Friday, December 29th and Saturday, December 30th. All games will face-off at the Chevrolet Centre at 7:05 PM (EST).
There are several promotions for each game making the Chevy Centre the place to be during the holiday season. During all five December home games, kids ages 15 and under are able to receive $2.00 off any price level ticket (excluding family section). With the holiday break, this gives parents a great alternative for something to do with the kids.
On Thursday night, it is Student Rush with college students receiving an $8.00 ticket for any section with a valid college ID. It will also be Ladies' Night with all ladies receiving $2.00 off any price level (excluding family section) and there will be a post-game bachelor's auction with defensemen Kelly Sickavish and Josh Reed scheduled to be auctioned off for dinner on a TBD date.
Highlighting Thursday's festivities will be the appearance of Youngstown native and Miss August 2001 Jennifer Walcott who will be on hand to drop the first puck and sign autographs during the intermissions.
On Friday night versus the Ice Bats, it will be a "Gift for Everyone" as every fan through the door will receive a special gift courtesy of the SteelHounds, Greenwood Chevrolet/Hummer, Casals de Spa and Salon, Arby's, Chick-Fil-A, Bahama Tanning, YMCA, Olive Garden, Damon's, Judi Conti, Dairy Queen and McDonald's.
On Saturday, it will be the SteelHounds version of Festivus from the Seinfeld television series. There will be aluminum poles in the arena, feats of strength during the intermissions and airing of grievances throughout the night. Following the game, there will be a free post-game skate for all fans. Skates are not available at the arena so please bring your own.
For more information contact the SteelHounds Media Relations department at (330) 747-PUCK (7825) or visit the team's online home at www.steelhounds.com.
***Fans, also be sure to visit www.steelhounds.com and sign up for your own page on mysteelhounds.com through ONE Site. The new feature is an online community where fans can interact with players, front office staff members and other fans from around the CHL.
***Don't forget that each and every Monday night is Hounds Happy Hour on ESPN Radio, 1240-The Fan. Join host Tim Sampsell as he wraps up the teams action from the previous week, takes a look ahead to the coming week and interviews some of the top names from the Hounds and around the CHL.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from December 19, 2006
- RiverKings win fourth straight, 4-3 over Oklahoma City - Mississippi RiverKings
- Eagles Week in Review - Colorado Eagles
- RiverKings season ticket holder takes home a diamond - Mississippi RiverKings
- SteelHounds Prepare for Big Holiday Weekend with Numerous Promotions - Youngstown SteelHounds
- Nine-year NHL veteran VandenBussche added to Scorpions roster - New Mexico Scorpions
- Bucks Game Tonight At Amarillo Postponed - Laredo Bucks
- Gorillas game postponed by weather - Amarillo Gorillas
- Sundogs to Donate $6,000 to Local Charities During December 23 Game - Arizona Sundogs
- Thunder splits another weekend - Wichita Thunder
- Cotton Kings Weekly Notes - Lubbock Cotton Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Youngstown SteelHounds Stories
- SteelHounds Franchise Terminated?
- Franck And Richards Honored As Team MVP's
- Hounds Offer Early Bird Specials for 08-09 Season Tickets
- SteelHounds Weekly
- Hounds season ends in 1-0 loss