Statement from Sacramento Republic FC on Confirmation of COVID-19 Case
Sacramento, Calif. - Republic FC has learned that a member of the club's roster has tested positive for COVID-19. The individual was exhibiting symptoms consistent with the virus and was immediately isolated at home and tested, following proper protocols and upon the direction of team physicians and infectious disease experts from UC Davis Health.
The player remains in isolation at home, and is recovering in good spirits, while being monitored by club medical staff. Under the direction of our partners at UC Davis Health, we will continue to closely monitor the health of all players and staff and follow all protocols from government health agencies and our team medical professionals.
The health and safety of our community, including players and staff, remain our highest priority during this pandemic. Republic FC is in constant communication with the CDC, United Soccer League (USL) and a COVID-19 task force comprised of officials at the U.S. Soccer Federation, Major League Soccer (MLS) and the National Women's Soccer League (NWSL).
Dating back to Friday, March 13, the club instituted proactive precautions including suspending all team training sessions, and closing offices and training facilities. The team will continue to follow stringent social distancing efforts and other guidelines set by our local and national health experts. Based on when symptoms materialized, and the guidance from infectious disease specialists and public health authorities, this case does not present a risk to fans in attendance of our match on March 7.
The entire Republic FC team would like to wish all those who are battling this virus a speedy recovery. Additionally, we would like to thank the countless community leaders, advocates, and medical staff in our community and around the world on the front lines of this pandemic.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from March 26, 2020
- Statement from United Soccer League President Jake Edwards - USL
- Statement from Sacramento Republic FC on Confirmation of COVID-19 Case - Sacramento Republic FC
- Reno Inks Defender and Goalkeeper - Reno 1868 FC
- SD Loyal Manager Landon Donovan Shares Club Update - San Diego Loyal
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sacramento Republic FC Stories
- Special Republic FC "Indomitable City" Scarf to Benefit Free Grocery Delivery for Vulnerable, Home-bound Seniors
- Statement from Sacramento Republic FC on Confirmation of COVID-19 Case
- Upcoming Republic FC Matches Postponed
- Two Republic FC Players to Shave Heads for St. Baldrick's Fundraiser
- Republic FC Signs Three Rising Youth Academy Talents to First Team Contracts