Stamps Retain Power
The Calgary Stampeders have re-signed national running back Charlie Power.
Born: June 1, 1991
Birthplace: Chamblee, GA
Power played all 18 regular-season games in 2019, as well as the Western Semi-Final. He finished third on the team with 15 special-teams tackles and also had one forced fumble. On offence, Power added career-high figures of four receptions for 27 yards.
Through seven seasons, Power has made 85 appearances in the regular season and has suited up for six playoff games. Power was originally selected as the team's fourth-round pick in the 2013 CFL draft.
"I am happy to be back with Calgary for another year," said Power. "This organization has been my second family over the past eight years and I can't wait to get back on the field in 2021 and reconnect with teammates, coaches and fans."
The Okotoks, Alta., native has 69 special-teams tackles over his career and blocked a punt in three of the last four seasons.
"Charlie is a mainstay of our team who does unheralded work for us both on offence and special teams," said Stampeders president and general manager John Hufnagel. "He's also a local product who does great work in the community and we're pleased that he has agreed to remain with the Stamps."
Images from this story
Calgary Stampeders running back Charlie Power
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from January 11, 2021
- CFL's Most Outstanding Defensive Player, Willie Jefferson, Agrees to Restructured Contract for 2021 - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- EE Football Team Extends Six Player Contracts - EE Football Team
- QB Gage Gubrud and LB Jake Carlock Added to Roster - B.C. Lions
- Stamps Retain Power - Calgary Stampeders
- RedBlacks Bring Back Baltimore and Mason for 2021 - Ottawa RedBlacks
- Stampeders Re-Sign Fraser Sopik - Calgary Stampeders
- Blue Bombers Add Two to Roster - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers Agree to Terms on One-Year Extension with Safety Brandon Alexander - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.