Stampeders Re-Sign Muhammad
January 26, 2023 - Canadian Football League (CFL) - Calgary Stampeders News Release
The Calgary Stampeders have re-signed American defensive back Brad Muhammad. The 27-year-old Florida International University alum had been eligible to become a free agent on Feb. 14.
In 2022, his first season with the Stampeders, Muhammad made 16 starts at halfback and finished third on the team with 50 defensive tackles and second in knockdowns with 10. His statline also included two interceptions, five special-teams tackles, one tackle for loss and one forced fumble. Both of his interceptions - the first of his career - came in a Week 12 game in Winnipeg.
Muhammad signed with the Stampeders after playing five games for the Ottawa Redblacks in 2021.
In 21 career CFL contests, Muhammad has 64 defensive tackles including three tackles for loss, five special-teams stops, two interceptions, 11 knockdowns and one forced fumble.
At Florida International in 2017, Muhammad was named all-Conference USA second team after playing 13 games and recording 53 tackles including one tackle for loss while adding four interceptions including a pick-six. He also had five pass breakups.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from January 26, 2023
- Lions Add Three Americans Including Veteran Running Back Buddy Howell - B.C. Lions
- Stampeders Re-Sign Muhammad - Calgary Stampeders
- Elks Extend LB Morgan - Edmonton Elks
- Riders Sign Defensive Back Jeremy Clark to Contract Extension - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Chase Brown Retains Top Spot in Winter Edition of CFL Scouting Bureau - CFL
- Locking up Lokombo: Veteran Linebacker Signs Two-Year Extension - B.C. Lions
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.