Sporting KC Weekly
One point shy of first place in the Western Conference, Sporting Kansas City (9-6-3, 30 points) will return to world-class Children's Mercy Park on Saturday to host longtime rivals Colorado Rapids (5-4-4, 19 points) at 7:30 p.m. CT. Tickets for the club's penultimate regular season home match are available at SeatGeek.com as Sporting looks to keep pace at the top of the conference standings.
A new episode of the Sporting Kansas City Show will debut tonight at 6 p.m. CT on Sports Radio 810 WHB. Hosts Nate Bukaty, Carter Augustine and Aly Trost will hear from a Sporting guest, recap a busy week of MLS action and preview Saturday's clash against Colorado. Previous episodes of the Sporting Kansas City Show are available here.
Today is the final day that Sporting fans can nominate a 2020 MLS WORKS Community MVP who has provided critical services during the challenging times caused by COVID-19, including healthcare professionals, social workers, teachers, first responders and many others. To nominate a community leader, visit mlsworkscmvp.com
Five Sporting Kansas City Academy teams will continue their MLS NEXT campaigns this weekend, facing the Colorado Rapids at Fort Hays State University Soccer Stadium in Hays, Kansas. The U-19s, U-17s and U-15s will take the field on Saturday, while the U-14s and U-13s will play on Sunday. Follow @SKCAcademy on Twitter for live updates this weekend and throughout the fall season.
On Sunday, former Victory Project Honoree Jared Adams will conduct book signings for his children's book Keep Smiling at the Gladstone Community Center (6901 N. Holmes St.) from 2-3 p.m. and 3:30-4:30 p.m. Reservations are required online in advance and books can be purchased for $10 with proceeds supporting The Victory Project. Adams, a brain cancer survivor, was honored at a Sporting KC match in 2017 and this summer published a 42-page book illustrated by cancer survivor Jen Arness.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 20, 2020
- Earthquakes Issue Statement on Reduced-Capacity Attendance - San Jose Earthquakes
- Sporting KC Weekly - Sporting Kansas City
- LA Galaxy's November 4 Match vs. Seattle Sounders FC to Air Nationally on UniMas and TUDN - LA Galaxy
- Rapids Announce Partnership with Ã¢ÂÂI Am a Voter' and Ã¢ÂÂRally the Vote' - Colorado Rapids
- Philadelphia Union and Southern New Hampshire University Host Third Annual Rompe Las Barreras Job Shadow Program - Philadelphia Union
- #NSHvFCD: Five Facts You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- Columbus Crew SC's Regular-Season Match at Orlando City SC Rescheduled for November 4 at Exploria Stadium - Columbus Crew SC
- MLS Sets New Date for Orlando City SC's Match Against Columbus - Orlando City SC
- Cascadia Rivaling to Win the Western Conference: This Week in MLS - MLS
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.