Sockers Come from Behind to Edge Stars 8-7, Improve to 20-1
KENT, WA - Kraig Chiles and Leo DeOliveira scored two goals each to lead the San Diego Sockers to an 8-7 come-from-behind victory over the Tacoma Stars in Kent, WA, on Sunday evening. The Sockers (20-1) lowered their magic number to two and moved closer to securing home-field advantage throughout the MASL Ron Newman Cup Playoffs.
Tacoma raced out to a 4-0 first quarter lead, but San Diego tallied three goals in 1:13 in the final; two minutes of the first half to draw even at halftime. De Oliveira scored twice to open the third period scoring to give San Diego a lead they would never relinquish. Chiles notched his sixth game-winning goal on the power play with 3:15 remaining in the match. Boris Pardo allowed a team-high seven goals but made enough saves to earn his 19th win of the season.
San Diego travels to Ontario on Thursday, April 4, 7:00 p..m. for another game with playoff implications.
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from March 31, 2019
- Sockers Come Back to Win 18th Straight - San Diego Sockers
- Sockers Come from Behind to Edge Stars 8-7, Improve to 20-1 - San Diego Sockers
- Stars Drop Home Finale 8-7 to San Diego - Tacoma Stars
- Wave Handily Defeats Orlando Sea Wolves Sunday Afternoon at UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena. - Milwaukee Wave
- Utica Drops Grudge Match to Blast in Shootout - Utica City FC
- Blast Shock Utica City in Shootout 5-4 - Baltimore Blast
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.