Smash Mouth to rock ArenaBowl XX Las Vegas
April 26, 2006 - Arena Football League (1987-2008) (AFL I) News Release
NEW YORK - Smash Mouth, self described "California in a can," will perform at halftime and postgame at ArenaBowl XX Las Vegas at the Thomas & Mack Center on Sunday, June 11, the Arena Football League announced today.
Comprised of Steven Harwell (vocals), Greg Camp (guitars), Paul De Lisle (bass) and Jason Sutter (drums), Smash Mouth sold close to 3 million copies of their self-made debut, but it was 1999's Astro Lounge that set the pop pinnacle. The lead single "All-Star " topped three national radio charts and hit #4 on Billboard's Hot 100. The album sold nearly three-and-a-half million copies and climbed to #6 on the album charts. The band has also produced numerous hits for feature films, including "Shrek", "Can't Hardly Wait," "Mystery Men," "Austin Powers in Goldmember," "Ed TV," "Clockstoppers," "Inspector Gadget," and several others, as well as an onscreen performance in "Rat Race."
The first single, "Story of My Life" of the band's latest album "Summer Girl," was serviced to radio in mid-April and is the featured song for Season #6 of vh-1 TV's "The Surreal Life," with Smash Mouth singer Harwell appearing as a regular cast member.
Smash Mouth has a unique Arena Football connection. The band's name was derived from an expression, "Smash mouth football," which was a favorite saying used by former Chicago Bears head coach MIKE DITKA to described the style of play of his teams. Ditka is currently a co-owner of the AFL's Chicago Rush.
Scottsdale, AZ based-Select Artists Associates (www.selectartists.com) will produce the ArenaBowl XX Las Vegas halftime and postgame performances.
Tickets for ArenaBowl XX Las Vegas are priced at $75, $60, $45, $18 and $12, and are available now by logging on to www.arenabowl.com or by calling 1-866-AFL-TIXS. Tickets priced at $125 are sold out.
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League (1987-2008) message board...
Arena Football League (1987-2008) Stories from April 26, 2006
- Kansas City Brigade weekly - Kansas City Brigade
- Los Angeles Avengers game notes - Los Angeles Avengers
- Utah's Burley nearing expansion records - AFL I
- Columbus Destroyers present Rooster's Wing Bash - Columbus Destroyers
- Eastern Division showdown in Big Apple - AFL I
- Preds midweek update - Orlando Predators
- Deion Sanders joins Wranglers ownership group - Austin Wranglers
- New York Dragons game notes - New York Dragons
- Arizona Rattlers game notes - Arizona Rattlers
- Smash Mouth to rock ArenaBowl XX Las Vegas - AFL I
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.