Slammers Take Series vs Schaumburg with Win Sunday
Joliet, IL - The Joliet Slammers presented by ATI Physical Therapy beat the Schaumburg Boomers 5-3 Sunday afternoon.
Joliet started off quickly with three runs in the bottom of the first that included a two-run home run by Justin Garcia to make it 3-0.
Zack Weigel hit an RBI single in the top of the third to put the Boomers on the board shortening Joliet's lead to 3-1.
Garcia then hit his second home run of the day making it 4-1 Joliet after the fourth inning. Garcia now leads the Frontier League with 20 home runs and is the first player in the league to reach the 20 home run mark this season.
Schaumburg and Joliet would each tally one more run each in the fifth inning as the Slammers would hold on for the 5-3 victory.
Today's Merchants and Manufacturers Bank Player of the Game is Justin Garcia who went 2-4 with two home runs and three RBIs.
The Slammers return home Tuesday, August 7th at 7:05 as they open a three game series vs. the Washington Wild Things.
• Discuss this story on the Frontier League message board...
Frontier League Stories from July 29, 2018
- Normal Hangs on to Sweep Gateway - Normal CornBelters
- Limited Offense Lands Florence Series Split - Florence Freedom
- Otters Outslugged by Rascals in Series Finale - Evansville Otters
- Miners Use Early Offense, Stout Pitching to Top Freedom - Southern Illinois Miners
- Six-Run Third Big in Series Sweep-Clinching Win - Washington Wild Things
- Beach Bums Drop Third Straight to Washington - Traverse City Beach Bums
- Crushers drop series finale - Lake Erie Crushers
- ThunderBolts Knock off Crushers with Late Flourish - Windy City ThunderBolts
- Homers Send Joliet to Series Win over Boomers - Schaumburg Boomers
- Slammers Take Series vs Schaumburg with Win Sunday - Joliet Slammers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.