Skyforce Acquire Larry Drew II
SIOUX FALLS, SD - The Sioux Falls Skyforce announced today that the team has acquired guard Larry Drew II as a returning player. Drew II will have his first chance to suit up on Friday, March 3 against the Maine Red Claws.
Drew II returns to the Skyforce after having played in three regular season games for the Skyforce near the end of the 2015-16 season and in five of Sioux Falls' seven playoff games a year ago as a part of the 2016 NBA Development League Championship team.
Drew II has appeared in 86 regular season games total for the Skyforce (76 starts), averaging 11.1 points, 8.1 assists, 3.4 rebounds and 1.6 steals per game in his career. Most notably, Drew II averaged 11.2 points and 9.6 assists while starting 40 of 42 games played for Sioux Falls during the 2014-15 season, a year in which he signed back-to-back 10-day contracts with the Philadelphia 76ers from January 15 to February 6 of 2015. While with the Sixers, Drew II averaged 3.8 points, 3.8 assists and 1.3 rebounds in 18 minutes per game over a 12-game span (one start).
Distributing the ball has always been a strong-suit for Drew II, as he ranks fifth all-time for most career assists in Skyforce franchise history, with a total of 693. Drew II also ranks fifth all-time in three-point percentage, shooting at a career-rate of 41.6 percent (101-243) from long range as a member of the Skyforce.
Until now, Drew II has spent the 2016-17 season playing overseas for Neptunas in both the Lithuanian LKL and Basketball Champions (BCL) leagues. In total, Drew II appeared in 35 regular season games (26 starts) and averaged 8.6 points, 5.5 assists and 2.6 rebounds per game.
Drew II spent the 2015-16 season playing for AS Monaco Basket of the LNB Pro A league, appearing in 18 games (six starts) and averaging 4.1 points, 3.6 assists and 1.6 rebounds per game before returning to the Skyforce for a run into the playoffs.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 2, 2017
- D-Fenders Acquire First Round Draft Pick, Rights to Elliot Williams - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Warriors Acquire Returning Player Rights of Jabari Brown, Draft Pick - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Austin Spurs Acquire Orlando Johnson - Austin Spurs
- Grand Rapids Complete Trade with Westchester - Grand Rapids Drive
- Coach Matt Brase and Darius Morris Are Awarded Monthly Accolades - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Mad Ants Finalize Trade with Blue - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Bighorns Acquire Montero and 2017 Draft Selection - Reno Bighorns
- Skyforce Acquire Kadeem Jack from Reno Bighorns - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Rio Grande Valley Vipers' Darius Morris Named NBA Development League Player of the Month - G League
- Charge Hosting Military Appreciation Night this Saturday - Canton Charge
- Rio Grande Valley's Matt Brase Named NBA Development League Coach of the Month - G League
- Skyforce Acquire Larry Drew II - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Pressey's Triple-Double Lifts Santa Cruz Past the Skyforce - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Pressey's Triple-Double Lifts Warriors over Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.