Sky Blue FC's Carli Lloyd Becomes NJ Youth Soccer Ambassador
Howell, N.J. - On Tuesday morning, New Jersey Youth Soccer announced Sky Blue FC's Carli Lloyd has become an NJYS ambassador.
"Playing this great sport in New Jersey provided me more opportunities than I ever could have imagined," said Lloyd in the New Jersey Youth Soccer release. "I am eager to contribute and encourage young players to develop a similar love for soccer."
A New Jersey native from Delran, Lloyd made the return back to her home state to play for Sky Blue FC after a blockbuster three-way trade back in January of 2018. In her two seasons with Sky Blue FC, Lloyd has played in 21 games, starting in 20, scoring six goals and notching one assist.
Lloyd stayed local for her college soccer career playing at Rutgers University. After making her debut for the U.S. Women's National Team in 2005, she now has 281 international appearances, 113 goals and 52 assists. During her time with U.S. Women's National Team, Lloyd has earned accolades as a two-time FIFA Women's Player of the year, two-time FIFA World Cup Champion, and two-time Olympic Gold Medalist.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from July 17, 2019
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sky Blue FC Stories
- Match Preview | Sky Blue FC Head South to Face the Houston Dash
- Dorsey, Doyle, and Monaghan Named to the U.S. U-23 WNT Roster for the 2019 Nordic Tournament
- Paige Monaghan Named NWSL Player of the Week
- Sky Blue FC Sign Goalkeeper Megan Hinz as Supplemental Player
- Sky Blue Earns a 1-1 Draw against Reign FC in Front of Record Setting Crowd