Sky Blue FC Moves September 29 Home Finale to Red Bull Arena Due to Increased Ticket Demand
Howell, NJ - Sky Blue FC, New Jersey's professional women's soccer team, announced today that the club's September 29th match against Orlando Pride will be moved from Rutgers' Yurcak Field to Red Bull Arena in Harrison, New Jersey.
The match, originally scheduled for 1 p.m. ET, will now kickoff at 11 a.m. ET to accommodate New York Red Bulls home finale at 5 p.m. ET. Each event will require a separate ticket to enter.
"The first time we played at Red Bull Arena, we set the club attendance record, and the atmosphere was electric," said Sky Blue FC General Manager Alyse LaHue. "It's an incredible setting and, with high demand for our home finale, we felt this was the right occasion to return."
"Along with Sky Blue ownership, the New York Red Bulls have been integral in helping to make this happen and I'm grateful for their friendship in this endeavor," LaHue continued.
Sky Blue FC Captain and U.S. Women's National Team Co-Captain Carli Lloyd, along with Canadian Goalkeeper Kailen Sheridan, will face off against Orlando Pride's Alex Morgan, Ashlyn Harris, Ali Krieger, and Brazilian star Marta.
"We are excited to have the opportunity to come back to Red Bull Arena again this season," said Carli Lloyd. "It was a phenomenal atmosphere the first time, and we look forward to playing in front of a packed crowd again on the 29th."
Tickets for the September 29th match against Orlando Pride will go on sale Tuesday, September 17 at 11 a.m. ET. Ticketing information can be found here.
Sky Blue will honor all prior ticket sales and will be reaching out to ticket-purchasers with more information about seating location and game details.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from September 16, 2019
- Orlando Pride Forward Alex Morgan Ruled out for Remainder of 2019 NWSL Season - Orlando Pride
- Sky Blue FC Moves September 29 Home Finale to Red Bull Arena - NWSL
- Sky Blue FC Moves September 29 Home Finale to Red Bull Arena Due to Increased Ticket Demand - Sky Blue FC
- Orlando Pride's September 29 Match Against Sky Blue FC Moved to Red Bull Arena - Orlando Pride
- North Carolina Courage Host Houston Dash Tuesday on ESPNEWS - North Carolina Courage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sky Blue FC Stories
- Sky Blue FC Fall 3-2 to North Carolina Courage
- Match Preview: Sky Blue FC Finishes 2019 Season at North Carolina Courage
- Lloyd Scores the Late Equalizer in a 1-1 Draw at Red Bull Arena
- Match Preview: Sky Blue FC vs Orlando Pride at Red Bull Arena
- Lloyd's Goal Lifts Sky Blue FC over Reign FC