Sky Blue FC Midfielder Madison Tiernan Placed on 45-Day Disabled List
Harrison, N.J. - Sky Blue FC Midfielder Madison Tiernan has suffered a right ankle sprain and has been placed on the 45-day Disabled List. Tiernan will miss the 2020 NWSL Challenge Cup and will not be traveling with the team to Utah. She sustained the injury during a team scrimmage in preparation for the tournament.
"This past month being back with my team was full of so many positive emotions after being sidelined last season with a torn ACL," said Tiernan. "Unfortunately, I injured my right ankle and I have to listen to my body and do what is right for me in the long run. My team is, and will always be, my number one priority. Even though I'm not physically there, my constant support stays the same. I'm excited to watch all the hard work these ladies have put in transpire on the field and produce results."
"Madison worked incredibly hard to come back from an ACL tear last season and was having a fantastic start back this preseason," said Sky Blue General Manager Alyse LaHue. "It's devastating for a player to miss this opportunity, but we know she'll have a quick turnaround."
Tiernan, 24, joined the team in 2017 after she was drafted out of Rutgers with the number 24 overall pick in the 2017 NWSL College Draft. The New Jersey native missed the 2019 NWSL season after sustaining a torn ACL and MCL during the 2019 pre-season. She has scored five goals and notched two assists through 42 appearances for the Club in 2017 and 2018.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from June 26, 2020
- Houston Dash Assistant Coach Eddie Robinson to Leave His Role on Coaching Staff - Houston Dash
- Sky Blue FC Midfielder Madison Tiernan Placed on 45-Day Disabled List - Sky Blue FC
- NWSL Challenge Cup Preview: Saturday, June 27 - Orlando Pride
- NWSL Adds Google to Growing List of Partners - NWSL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sky Blue FC Stories
- Kailen Sheridan Named SBFC Most Valuable Player Presented by Hackensack Meridian Health
- Kailen Sheridan Earns 2020 NWSL Challenge Cup Golden Glove Award
- Midfielder Kenie Wright to Miss Remainder of 2020 NWSL Challenge Cup with Torn ACL
- Sky Blue FC Break Merchandise Sales Record
- Sky Blue FC to Host Jersey Auction During NWSL Challenge Cup