Sky Blue FC Break Merchandise Sales Record
Harrison, N.J. - June 25 marked a record-setting day in Sky Blue FC history.
The club revealed its new "Lightning Strikes" primary kit on Thursday, June 25, in a promotional video featured on the team's social media platforms. Several sizes of the 2020 home jersey and other new offerings, including a Nike / Sky Blue FC lifestyle crew sweatshirt and a fan-designed scarf, sold-out within hours after being released.
Sky Blue FC had over $30,000 in merchandise sales on June 25, an all-time high for the club. This nearly doubled the Club's previous single-day record. The top-selling product of the two days was the 2020 primary jersey, making up more than half of total sales.
The team announced it would donate 10% of the merch sales from June 25 and June 26 to The Audre Lorde Project in honor of Pride Month. In total, Sky Blue will be donating over $3,000 to the organization. The Audre Lorde Project is a Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Two Spirit, Trans and Gender Non-Conforming People of Color center for community organizing, focusing on the New York City area. Sky Blue FC is committed to celebrating and supporting the LGBTQIA+ BIPOC community and allies during and well after Pride Month.
Sky Blue is actively working to send out orders as soon as possible and restock sold-out merchandise quickly. Stay tuned to our social and digital channels for more information on when items will be back in stock. Want to be notified of when more items will become available? Join our mailing list here.
Watch Sky Blue FC play its second of four preliminary round matches in the NWSL Challenge Cup against Utah Royals FC this Saturday, July 4. The match, held at Zions Bank Stadium in Herriman, Utah, will air on CBS All Access in the U.S. and Canada and Twitch for International Viewers at 12:30 p.m. ET. Sky Blue FC fans are invited to attend the Official 2020 NWSL Challenge Cup Virtual Watch Party presented by Secret deodorant and powered by Google Meet. Space is limited and you must RSVP in advance. Click here to RSVP.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from July 3, 2020
- Sky Blue FC Break Merchandise Sales Record - Sky Blue FC
- Match Forecast: OL Reign Faces the Houston Dash - OL Reign
- Courage to Face Washington Spirit to Continue Challenge Cup Preliminary Round - North Carolina Courage
- Utah Royals FC Continues NWSL Challenge Cup Saturday against Sky Blue FC - Utah Royals FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sky Blue FC Stories
- Kailen Sheridan Named SBFC Most Valuable Player Presented by Hackensack Meridian Health
- Kailen Sheridan Earns 2020 NWSL Challenge Cup Golden Glove Award
- Midfielder Kenie Wright to Miss Remainder of 2020 NWSL Challenge Cup with Torn ACL
- Sky Blue FC Break Merchandise Sales Record
- Sky Blue FC to Host Jersey Auction During NWSL Challenge Cup