Six Straight Second Half KC Goals Sink Tropics in Season Finale, 10-6
KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Another second half lead quickly went by the boards Sunday night in Kansas City as the Comets scored five-straight goals to hand the Florida Tropics SC a 10-6 defeat in the Major Arena Soccer League season finale for both teams.
The two teams went to the half tied at 4-4, but the Tropics gained the upper hand early in the third on goals less than 90 seconds apart by Ricardo Diegues, his team best 28th, and Richard Schlempler.
But Kansas City answered with four goals in less than three minutes later in the third to take a lead they would not relinquish. Florida ends the season 10-12, two wins better than its 8-12 mark during its expansion season in 2016-17. The Comets end the year at 7-15.
Freddy Moojen scored twice, and Florida also got goals by Anthony Arico and Lucas Coutinho. Leo Gibson had three goals and two assists to lead the Comets.
Florida's sister franchise, the Lakeland Tropics of the USL Premier Development League, will kick off the 2018 season at home Saturday, May 12 when they host Next Academy Palm Beach at Bryant Stadium. For more information, go to lakelandtropics.com.
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from March 4, 2018
- Kansas City Comets End Season with Big Win - Kansas City Comets
- Six Straight Second Half KC Goals Sink Tropics in Season Finale, 10-6 - Florida Tropics SC
- Syracuse Defeats Baltimore 6-4 in Regular Season Finale - Syracuse Silver Knights
- Blast Drop Regular Season Finale, 6-4 in Syracuse - Baltimore Blast
- Medina Has Hat-Trick in Final Game as Sockers Rout El Paso 10-3 - San Diego Sockers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Florida Tropics SC Stories
- Tropics USL PDL Team Qualify for US Open Cup
- Tropics Raise over $1100 for American Heart Association Through Specialty Jersey Auction
- Six Straight Second Half KC Goals Sink Tropics in Season Finale, 10-6
- Central Division Champs Milwaukee Wave Take Down Tropics, 7-3
- Florida Tropics SC Close out 2017-18 Season with Road Stops in Milwaukee and Kansas City